Respected Contributor

Re: Jill said she doesn't trust anyone who doesn't like Cheryl's Cookies...

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

I think Jill was just be facetious.  It must be hard trying to fill airtime. I like Jill and I doubt she even recalls saying it

@cherry I agree and have heard variations of this trust comment said in various situations all my life. It’s just a way of saying something is very good. It’s not to be taken literally. But it does illustrate that if someone is not familiar with a saying, it can strike a wrong chord, and being on TV ensures a wide audience hears it. 

Honored Contributor

I know nothing about how these cookies taste, having never ordered them. That said, my first reaction on reading the OP and the following responses to it was; ever thought she was joking? People really take everything so seriously.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jill is my favorite host and I make no bones about it.

But as others have said, she is there to sell.  Maybe she really does love those cookies.  Everyone has different taste. 

I too have had Cheryl's cookies, only the iced ones, and didn't care for them at all.  Personally I'm not a huge fan of those soft cookies like that and the frosting was overly sweet.  And trust me when I tell you I love good buttercream frosting and sweet stuff. They really did remind me of Lofthouse Cookies from Walmart.  I thought both had a bad chemical/fake taste to them.

As far as Jill saying she doesn't trust someone who doesn't like Cheryl's cookies, it was a joke.  I'm amazed anyone took this seriously.  It's a figure of speech.  I have heard people say they don't trust someone who doesn't like chocolate, wine, animals, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@tsavoriteOMG! I know what you mean about 'getting talked into something'.  I did that with the Valerie Bertenilli (sp) cake.  I figured my friends would enjoy it.  The cake cost around (I think....around $70) total, somewhere like that....It was a huge (tall) cake.

I have so many wonderful, kind friends who help me.  They won't accept money so I give them treats like that.  

I finally got around to asking some of them "So, what did you think of the cake"?  I hadn't even tasted it then.

Everyone of them (I'd asked husband and wife, and several friends) said, (diplomatically), "Well, it wasn't that good".  I was so embarrassed!

I finally tasted it and had to spit it out.  Maybe some people would like it but none of my friends (nor I) did.  Customer Service refunded my money.  

It wasn't that much because pretty much everything I buy (even food) is on easy pay (for that reason).

As I said, "I can't eat a whole Cheryl's sugar cookie because they're so sweet.  I do like having 1/2 with a cup of tea".  My daughter told me 2 of her daughter's actually skimmed the icing off with their teeth and not eat the cookie.  Ha!

When you bite into that cookie and see how sweet it is think of someone doing that!  Ha!

Honestly all of the other kinds I just give to people (bank tellers, post office people and so on).  They all do kind things for me and it's just my way of saying 'thank you'.

Take care and just know you aren't alone as far as getting talked into stuff....I'm very guilty of that.  Whatever...right!  Ha!

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and be safe.  Annabelle/Linda

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a fan of Cheryl's Cookies, too soft for me.  I like a little crunch to my cookie, my daughter likes them so when I put her Easter Basket together I do buy the Easter themed cookiesand thow some in her basket