Honored Contributor

Re: Jill said she doesn't trust anyone who doesn't like Cheryl's Cookies...

I order from the web site and they have good specials. I do not drive and do a lot of on line shopping and always looking for good deals and coupons. I Iike the fact that the cookies are individually wrapped and they freeze well. I just took one out of the freezer and ate it frozen and that was different. Friends enjoy my gifts. I am looking for a different type of cookie and still doing research to have a different gift option. I have a friend that wants Pralines for Christmas but has a big family, and researching for a good deal and coupon but difficult to find for a bulk order of 50 Pralines. SouthernBee 

Honored Contributor

Another sales pitch.  Cheryl's cookies don't look that special to me.  Icing on top of a sugar cookie.  Different flavor icings.  Not that attractive.  QVC needs to get Carol's cookies (sold at Neiman Marcus).  There are about 5 varieties and they are delicious.  HeartCat Wink

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Not the smartest thing to say to loyal QVC customers,

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

I haven't ordered them from QVC, but I've ordered them directly from Cheryl's Cookies website.  I like them, but they are super sweet.  There have been times where some of the frosted cookies don't look "as nice" as some of the others, but it's usually only one or two (probably damaged a bit during delivery).  The official Cheryl's website has some nice sales from time-to-time, too.

Not all people have local bakeries within driving distance, so Cheryl's Cookies might be their only option.  I don't think Cheryl's deserve some of the comments I've read in this thread, but that's JMHO.  

I didn't see the presentation with Jill making the comment about "not trusting anyone who doesn't like Cheryl's Cookies," but I think some people may be taking her comment too seriously.  Smiley Wink

My only suggestion would be for anyone who, perhaps, doesn't trust Jill's opinion (and yes, trust cuts both ways...) is that Cheryl's nor QVC are the only ordering option for those without local bakeries... Cookies are widely available online...

Woman Happy

????

I neither trust nor distrust Jill's opinion.  And yes, of course, various cookie Brands besides Cheryl's are available to order online. I mentioned Cheryl's Cookies might be their only option because it was the Brand being discussed in this thread. Also, some people aren't aware of the variety of things the internet offers, and are only aware of what they see from QVC. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

I order from the web site and they have good specials. I do not drive and do a lot of on line shopping and always looking for good deals and coupons. I Iike the fact that the cookies are individually wrapped and they freeze well. I just took one out of the freezer and ate it frozen and that was different. Friends enjoy my gifts. I am looking for a different type of cookie and still doing research to have a different gift option. I have a friend that wants Pralines for Christmas but has a big family, and researching for a good deal and coupon but difficult to find for a bulk order of 50 Pralines. SouthernBee 

@SouthernBee-----you might want to check out Sunnyland Farms. They grow their own pecans, give a discount for quantity, provide gift packaging and have delicious pralines. Their prices include shipping and they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I've been buying from them for 20+ years.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Northray-

I ordered them once, because like you, I thought they looked pretty good. How could they be bad?

Well they werent' bad but yes very sweet and just like a too sweet icing on cake and I like sweet things.

They just were "meh" like you were glad you tried but wouldn't order again and also hope to find family or friends you could give the rest to!

Not worth the calories at all!

And the different flavors, after the first bite, just like you didn't want to finish-all kind of boring or not impressive.

If you want to try a cookie similar that is sooo good, I suggest Bergers if you live in the Baltimore area-sold in most grocery stores and if not,(sadly don't have access to those stores now) but they have a website! Yum and yum again! I love them.

I just always tried not to get them too often lol!

If Jill hasn't tried them, she doesn't know what she's missing!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I got a couple tucked into a gift and I didn't think they were that great.  Not interested in ordering them.

Super Contributor

"I know the host will say anything to make a sale but how bad can these cookies be if the hosts swear by them?" Seriously? Are you really asking this question? The hosts are paid to swear by EVERY product they pitch. You answered your question in the first part of what you wrote. "I know the host will say anything to make a sale." I suspect if any host ever even suggested that any food item was less than wonderful he/she would be out of a job. You can't base your decision to purchase on what a host says. Read the reviews and base your decision to purchase on that. Even at that you may or may not like a given food item. 

Honored Contributor

I think Jill was just be facetious.  It must be hard trying to fill airtime. I like Jill and I doubt she even recalls saying it

Respected Contributor

If she really said that, I guess anything for a "sell".  However, it IS a crude, questionable comment.