Trusted Contributor

Re: Jan. 30 Today is NATIONAL CROISSANT DAY !!!!

On 1/30/2015 DiAnne said:
On 1/30/2015 helping said: My favorite at Trader Joe's is "Queen of Croissants" or Kouigns Amann. You let it rise over night like the other TJ croissants in the freezer case. Crispy, sugar glaze, light. Heavenly!

I purchased them last time I was at Trader Joe's. I have not tried them yet. Sound like a good Sunday Morning breakfast!

Yes, DiAnne, it's my Sunday (and sometimes Saturday) breakfast treat! They have a tendency to burn, so consider keeping an eye on them the last five minutes or so.
Super Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Barbarainnc said:

You can cheat and use a can of Crescent Rolls and some dark chocolate chips!!!!

Takes a while to make the homemade dough, but they are so yummy!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Hot rolls and butter are my weakness. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Oh yes, this sounds fun and easy! Great for an 'emergency croissant!'

And we all know about those emergencies.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

I love chocolate croissants. The fruit-filled ones mentioned sound good also. It's really too bad that all the delicious foods are fattening and unhealthy.

Super Contributor

On 1/30/2015 chickenbutt said:

I loved the lemon-filled and raspberry-filled ones that QVC was selling (for about a hot minute). I purchased them on AD and they cancelled after a couple of deliveries. Fortunately, I don't eat that much so I still have a bunch of them vacuum sealed in my freezer.

I also have a lot of the flat ones QVC sells. I probably won't ever get through those, as they sent me a replacement order for having received an order that was almost half broken. I vacuum sealed them in twosies so they'll last ages.

But the lemon ones and raspberry ones were my fav.

That sounds really good. Do you remember which vendor sold them?

Honored Contributor

They are the perfect breakfast food.

Trusted Contributor

Jules, I used to go to an Au Bon Pain bakery that made a cheese filled croissant and a chocolate filled croissant. They were so good. We don't have any of those bakeries near us now. We would have to drive quite a distance, to get to one.

I have seen the recipe on Pillsbury's website for making the chocolate filled crescent rolls. I haven't made them yet.

Honored Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Jezzebell said:

I loved the lemon-filled and raspberry-filled ones that QVC was selling (for about a hot minute). I purchased them on AD and they cancelled after a couple of deliveries. Fortunately, I don't eat that much so I still have a bunch of them vacuum sealed in my freezer.

I also have a lot of the flat ones QVC sells. I probably won't ever get through those, as they sent me a replacement order for having received an order that was almost half broken. I vacuum sealed them in twosies so they'll last ages.

It was the same vendor (Authentic Gourmet) that sells all the croissants on QVC. First they had a configuration that was a combination of one filled with something like Nutella, some raspberry ones, and some lemon ones.

Then they came out with a config that was just either all raspberry, all lemon, or a combo config with half lemon and half raspberry. I got the combo one on AD but I guess it wasn't that popular or something because they cancelled the AD a couple deliveries in. Smiley Sad Fortunately, I still have a bunch of them though. Smiley Happy Really good. The lemon had a good amount of very very nice lemon curd and the raspberry ones have like a raspberry jam in them.

Shame they stopped them. I think if they offer an AD of an item, at least I wish they'd carry it, or at least have for the AD customers for the year. But I guess it doesn't always work out that way.

Honored Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Ms X said:

I love chocolate croissants. The fruit-filled ones mentioned sound good also. It's really too bad that all the delicious foods are fattening and unhealthy.

Isn't that the pits!!

Super Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Jezzebell said:

It was the same vendor (Authentic Gourmet) that sells all the croissants on QVC. First they had a configuration that was a combination of one filled with something like Nutella, some raspberry ones, and some lemon ones.

Then they came out with a config that was just either all raspberry, all lemon, or a combo config with half lemon and half raspberry. I got the combo one on AD but I guess it wasn't that popular or something because they cancelled the AD a couple deliveries in. Smiley Sad Fortunately, I still have a bunch of them though. Smiley Happy Really good. The lemon had a good amount of very very nice lemon curd and the raspberry ones have like a raspberry jam in them.

Shame they stopped them. I think if they offer an AD of an item, at least I wish they'd carry it, or at least have for the AD customers for the year. But I guess it doesn't always work out that way.

Thanks!