Respected Contributor

Jan. 15 Today is STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM DAY !!!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Re: Jan. 15 Today is STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM DAY !!!!!

I like strawberry ice cream, although it's not my favorite flavor *cough...chocolate...cough*. Strawberry ice cream is good on a hot summer day, and I like mine with real strawberries in it. When I was growing up and we would make our own ice cream (the big bucket looking thing that you put rock salt in and couldn't wait for it to be done) for some reason it always seemed to be strawberry flavor, so that is a fond memory for me. I suppose my mom was trying to find a way to use up all those juicy berries.

Respected Contributor

On 1/15/2015 JustJules said:

I like strawberry ice cream, although it's not my favorite flavor *cough...chocolate...cough*. Strawberry ice cream is good on a hot summer day, and I like mine with real strawberries in it. When I was growing up and we would make our own ice cream (the big bucket looking thing that you put rock salt in and couldn't wait for it to be done) for some reason it always seemed to be strawberry flavor, so that is a fond memory for me. I suppose my mom was trying to find a way to use up all those juicy berries.

Jules, have you ever tried drizzling just a little chocolate syrup over strawberry ice cream? Best of both worlds!

Valued Contributor

Yum....I just had some low carb vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries mixed in to it last night! But since today is strawberry ice cream day, I will probably have to have it again....right!?! {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Super Contributor

On 1/15/2015 vermint said:
On 1/15/2015 JustJules said:

Jules, have you ever tried drizzling just a little chocolate syrup over strawberry ice cream? Best of both worlds!

Oh yeah!!! Love a banana split with the hot fudge over the strawberry ice cream. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't refuse a bowl of strawberry ice cream, but if I were forced to take only one flavor to a desserted island (pun intended) I would have to choose something chocolate. Smile

Trusted Contributor

In February Steak and Shake has a chocolate covered strawberry shake to die for. Strawberry ice cream and chocolate syrup.

Boop

Esteemed Contributor

YUM! I love strawberry ice cream and all things strawberry!!