Respected Contributor

Jan 14 Today is NATIONAL HOT PASTRAMI SANDWICH DAY

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Re: Jan 14 Today is NATIONAL HOT PASTRAMI SANDWICH DAY

This is a huge YUM!!! Not too far in the distant past hubby & I were hungry for a great rueben. Forgetting that they're really made with corned beef, I bought some pastrami and made ruebens with this. Put them all together on some great bread with swiss, kraut, and thousand island dressing. Holy cow they were DELISH!!!!

Super Contributor

On 1/14/2015 pink dogwood said:

This is a huge YUM!!! Not too far in the distant past hubby & I were hungry for a great rueben. Forgetting that they're really made with corned beef, I bought some pastrami and made ruebens with this. Put them all together on some great bread with swiss, kraut, and thousand island dressing. Holy cow they were DELISH!!!!

Huge YUM from me too!!! A reuben made with pastrami on marbled rye is one of my favorite sandwiches.

Honored Contributor

The more I wrote my entry here, the MORE I WANT ONE NOW!!!

I knew I spelled 'reuben' incorrectly too!!! Pardon my misspelling!!! Won't take away from how tasty they are!!!

I'm going to need to hit the grocer and get more pastrami, my hubby would be happy too. And I made mine on a tasty rye bread. Marbled rye would be great too.

Super Contributor

I want one too! Is it wrong to have a reuben for breakfast? {#emotions_dlg.blush} Doesn't matter how you spell it, it's delicious all the same!!

Respected Contributor

Now THIS is a sandwich that deserves it's own day!!! Yum!!!!
Esteemed Contributor

We can't talk about Reubens unless we talk about the sauce that goes on it!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

Pastrami is my Achilles heel; lean, hot, on seedless Jewish rye with mustard and mayo. Don't forget the potato salad and a good brine pickle. I know what I'm having for dinner!
Trusted Contributor

I like both corned beef and pastrami, too, both hot on rye bread. And, I also like a good marble rye bread too, and a great yummy garlicky pickle. Yummm-my! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}