Valued Contributor

Jacques Pepin marathon on Create TV

[ Edited ]

Anyone watching the marathon today on create TV? Jacques Pepin is such a treasure, so softspoken and his love for family and friends shines.  Shorey is precious. 

Contributor

Re: Jacques Pepin marathon on Create TV

Yes, I just love Jacques Pepin. He has a fb page, does a recipe nearly everyday from his home kitchen.

Respected Contributor

I have difficulty understanding the man when he is on his PBS Show.  Needs to enunciate better.  I enjoy his recipes in print but have difficulty watching. I have found his tastes are more formal than mine. Much perfer Valeries cooking show on Food.

Honored Contributor

We were watching some of the shows last night. Love JP!

Super Contributor

Love Jacque Pepin.  With his family and also with Julia Child.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I have difficulty understanding the man when he is on his PBS Show.  Needs to enunciate better.  I enjoy his recipes in print but have difficulty watching. I have found his tastes are more formal than mine. Much perfer Valeries cooking show on Food.

No, he doesn't need to enunciate better. Maybe it's the sound on your tv that is causing the problem.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I love it when Create has these cooking show marathons over the weekend! It's so nice to sit and enjoy some great food demonstrations and/or to have such a pleasant background while multitasking.

Respected Contributor

I like cooking shows, but Jacques Pepin needs to stop licking his fingers.

He even did it when his granddaughter was on, licking his fingers, then touching food he's preparing. What boorish behavior.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:
I like cooking shows, but Jacques Pepin needs to stop licking his fingers.

He even did it when his granddaughter was on, licking his fingers, then touching food he's preparing. What boorish behavior.

Moonlady, the episode may have been filmed prior to the Covid 19 outbreak. I noticed many chefs not using a sterile kitchen over the years.  Emeril Lagase is the worst offender.

Respected Contributor

Love Jacques!  If you listen enough you can get the hang of his accent. always enjoyed watching him cook.