Honored Contributor

It's the "Cake Snob's" birthday 😱

My SIL of 40 years is a self-proclaimed "cake snob".  She only eats cakes from the most expensive bakeries..... and she'll be here for her birthday on Wednesday.  I've decided to take a left-turn and make her a homemade icecream cake.  Chances are she won't eat a bit of it, but that means more for everyone else, I suppose. Oh well...

Do you know any cake snobs?

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's the "Cake Snob's" birthday 😱

@house_cat

LOVE IT!Woman LOL  Way to go girl!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

hidemf3.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac

Omgosh! That made me laugh out loud for real!

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

My SIL of 40 years is a self-proclaimed "cake snob".  She only eats cakes from the most expensive bakeries..... and she'll be here for her birthday on Wednesday.  I've decided to take a left-turn and make her a homemade icecream cake.  Chances are she won't eat a bit of it, but that means more for everyone else, I suppose. Oh well...

Do you know any cake snobs?

Wow, I hope she eats it and loves it, that would really mess with your attitude. 

Honored Contributor

@house_cat My SIL of 44 yr is definitely a cake snob plus. I really wish I could but won't go into everything but her actions this season takes a different kind of cake. She mailed out the family Christmas card with pictures of her grown kids and their families and of course herself front and center but left my brother off the card. Since we're anonymous on this forum I could say something.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess

That does take the cake! Why would she do that?

As for mine, I really do love her dearly... except for the cake thing.  She's the one who titled herself "cake snob".  I was the designated family baker for many, many years and she never ate any of them. My mom once purchased an expensive cheesecake from a bakery in NYC for her birthday, knowing she loves cheesecake.  She didn't eat it. It wasn't "her bakery".  Last time I was at her home, she had purchased a very expensive flourless chocolate cake from a local bakery in East Hampton, NY where she lives. I could only taste a bite, because I can't have dark chocolate, but I didnt care for it at all.  In my opinion, she got robbed on that deal.  So, I had the choice to spend more than I can afford on a fancy bakery cake, or bake one myself knowing she won't eat it. I thought the ice cream cake might be a good compromise. She might just eat some since it isn't actually cake.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat Bottom line my SIL is bipolar but doesn't take her meds. Good luck with your SIL and the ice cream cake. Sounds wonderful to me.🎂

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess

I'm sorry to hear that. I have lots of first hand experience with bipolar disorder. It's not easy on anyone involved.  Wishing your family well.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat Thank you. Merry Christmas to you and your family.