Honored Contributor

Re: It's the "Cake Snob's" birthday 😱

@house_cat. How about a great big, old Apple PIE?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@house_cat. How about a great big, old Apple PIE?

@Kachina624

Funny you should say that... I bought the apples for one yesterday, but decided it was too much work right now since I'm having guests twice this week.

~ house cat ~
Contributor

Whole Foods makes a fabulous Berry Chantilly Cake.  It is a very light white cake with a light frosting and several kinds of berries (red raspberries, blueberries & strawberries) sprinkled between the layers and as a beautiful glazed arrangement on top of the cake.  It comes in several sizes.  Everyone loves it.  We get one whenever we can.  The Cake Snob might like it too.  if not, make her a prune cake.  They are actually very good too, but she might get the message.  Why try to please someone who makes a career of being unpleasable.  And unpleasant.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat

I guess Fudgie the Whale from Carvel is too low brow - huh? lol

You are sweet to still try knowing she may not even eat it.

Valued Contributor

Wow. I know a couple of people like this. I work with one right now and if I bring treats, she always has to say she would've added this or that or tries to get everyone to not eat it. I just tell her you don't have to eat it. (she considers herself a gourmet baker because she has made cupcakes for some friends weddings)

You should tell your SIL you had Duff or the Cake Boss make it and had it shipped to you and if she eats it and likes it, then you could tell her it was actually you who made it.

cookin

Honored Contributor

@SuperShopper wrote:

...  Why try to please someone who makes a career of being unpleasable.  And unpleasant.

@SuperShopper

She's my sister-in-law and I love her very much, despite her idiosyncracies. Her birthday is on Christmas Day, though we'll be celebrating when she visits tomorrow. She's always been very sensitive about missing her birthday in the bustle of Christmas, so I like to make it special.  We will have lovely cookies if she doesn't eat my ice cream cake - which, by the way, looks absolutely delightful!  DH and I won't mind having leftovers!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

My DH's family. They will NOT eat any product that comes out of a box: cake, brownies, cupcakes, cookies, frosting....NOTHING. No canned pie filling either OR pre-made pie crusts.

Yeah.

Respected Contributor

People born so close to Christmas do get a birthday that seems over looked. She should be very happy that someone went to the trouble to make her birthday enjoyable. Maybe she should bring her own cake & say I just love this cake & don't want you to bother making me one. Now if I was your SIL get me the frozen pepperidge farm cakes especially the coconut one (my favorite) chocolate will be fine too. 

Honored Contributor

Quick update:

"Cake Snob" ate two hunks of ice cream cake.

The day was an all-around success 💕 👍 

~ house cat ~