Respected Contributor

Re: It’s LE not LA Creuset!

@Janey2 

As you said..........

At least the word is French and not English. What some of them do to the English language is amazing too.

LOL!  I agree.  What some people do to basic English grammar  is another astounding thing. 

Because I was  a journalism school major with a two-decade paid writing career, THAT is  the stuff that bothers me.

As an 8-year  student of French  in middle, high school and college, as well as owner of several pieces of leh-croo-say, I'm actually not bothered when  others don't pronouce  foreign words with the proper accent.  French is hard!!

Always wish I'd studied Spanish instead.

Esteemed Contributor

If we're going to worry about pronunciations, we should probably care more about the fact that David has mentioned the name of his new co-host about 10 times today and has not pronounced it correctly once. Ouch. It shouldn't be difficult to pay attention when a person tells you their name, especially if it's someone you'll be working closely with on an ongoing basis.

Honored Contributor

@CindyDale wrote:

Not to be picky, but to some of the hYosts. PLEASE use the correct pronunciation.  Le Creuset is correctly pronounced as "leh, not lah" Creuset.    This was not meant to insult anyone.  

Sounded picky to me.

Trusted Contributor

@CindyDale 

Sacré bleu!

Honored Contributor

We know, we know, someone one posts about it every time its on.  I dont think anyone cares.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Ellephant, "les" is pronounced the same as "lay."

"Le" is said more the way a very weak "e" is: "luh."

Honored Contributor

I watched about 15 minutes last at the first presentation and about 15 minutes today.  Both ladies I saw, I don't know their names, apparently had never heard of the brand, product, or cooked anything ever.

And the guy who does cook, Nate?, didn't get to talk.  Which reminds me, I also saw about 5 minutes of Rick talking tonight, so during that time he did seem to know something about the product. 

Honored Contributor

If I remember correctly from my french class in school---"le" is considered  masculine and "la" is considered feminine as most words are either masculine or feminine in french--

Trusted Contributor

I rarely watch these cooking shows but did awhile back and the OAP clarified the pronunciation. He said it is Luh not Leh. I remember Sandra said she had been mispronouncing it.