Respected Contributor

Re: It's December 2018 - What's Cooking at your House?

Broke down and ordered another 6 qt Nesco slow cooker. I do not understand how I can go through so many of those things. Just could not completely clean it well enough. The old cookers were super easy to clean. I use it only for slow cooking, never use the full throttle cooking in it but it sure has food which I cannot remove. Now two of them I loaned out and the person using it burned them up and returned them both that way. Huh? At any rate am looking forward to getting it - I use only Nesco, guess it is my age talking that way as once upon a time that was the only kind you could buy. For many years we had one of those HUGE things that was in reality not a slow cooker but you sure used it as such. LOL.

Hope all have a great day - did have my spaghetti Saturday night and still have quite a bit left - do not think it will make the freezer - will have it tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

Respected Contributor

teriyaki burgers                                                                            1/4 cup ketchup.   2 tbsp.soy sauce.  1 tbsp. brown sugar.  1 tbsp.unsweetened crushed pineapple.  1 1/2 tsp.minced fresh ginger.  1 garlic clove minced.  1/2 teaspoonspoon sesame oil.          for burgers.   1 egg white slightly beaten.  1/3 cup dry bread crumbs.  3 green  onions chopped.  2 tbsp crushed pineapple.  1 1/2 pounds ground beef.           in small bowl, combined ketchup soy sauce, brown sugar,pineapple,ginger, and oil. set aside.    in large bowl combine egg white, bread crumbs,onions, crushed pineapple,  and 3 table spoons of reserved ketchup mixture.mix with meat and form 6 patties. then just grill until cooked.   this makes an awesome meatloaf. and left over ketchup mixture we put over burgers and meatloaf.  my wife trys other meatloaf recipes. i tell her no need to try other meatloaf recipes because this one is perfect. good luck. everyone should love it.  let me know how you like it and anyone that trys it.

Respected Contributor

winifred pasta all hits the spot for me. good evening everyone.today maria breaded chicken cutlets for chicken and waffles and french frys. i made everthing and the kitchen shows that i cooked. mess until i load dishwasher. and i made waffles home made on waffle iron i got from qvc. its the best one i have ever owned. and it has a space on the side for any spill over batter.i told you guys that i broke our kitchen aid glass mixer bowl . we ordered the metal bowl to replace glass bowl but beaters dont work as good as they did in glass bowl. i got the right size. both bowls are 6 quarts. flex edge beater just even wipe bowl at all. i called kitchen aid and there sending us a whole new mixer and then this mixer will go back. i had an issue with a new food processer a few years ago and then to they sent us a new one and a  shipping label to send old one back.  there customer service is the best of any company i ever delt with.i made a banana cake satauday to get rid of some bananas with cream cheese froasting with a table spoon of heavy creme to thin it out. very good . hope everyone has a great week.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1     Thank you for the teriyaki burger recipe. It sounds really good!

Trusted Contributor

@Pooky1   Thanks for sharing your teriyaki burgers recipe!  I will klet you know wqwhat I think of them once I make them.  

Esteemed Contributor

I took the easy route tonight, ham steak, mashed potatoes and green beans. Tomorrow I need to do something sweet. Well, I don't need to as none us us need the calories. I better get cracking on what to have for Christmas dinner being it's 2 weeks from today.

Respected Contributor

Had hamburgers,baked beans and salad tonight.No snow here in southwest Michigan. Looks like spring outside, but it's only 20 degrees.May get snow or freezing rain later this week.

Honored Contributor

I am suffed to the gills with Chinese chicken salad.  Ate it Sunday night, all day yesterday, and one serving today, it is loaded with fiber, LOL!

I finished decorating the kitchen today, just a little tweaking here and there left.

Tonight I will be making this from the Food Network, without any of the spicy as DH doesn't like hot, will still be good.

Sunny's Hot Ham and Cheese Wreath

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl   wow that sure does look delicious.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

@mousiegirl   wow that sure does look delicious.

@hellie jo  Without the spice, it is basically grilled ham and cheese, only baked, lol.  I will post after I make it, wil begin in about an hour, West Coast here.

Your meals always sound delicious, love baked beans, no one else here does.  I used to open a can of Bush's baked beans, and eat right out of the can.  I have made them a few times, the first time I didn't cook the beans first and was planning to take them to a party, needless to say, they didn't make it, lol.