Honored Contributor

Re: It's December 2018 - What's Cooking at your House?

a

@hellie jo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

Today I had a tooth filling appointment in a city that I used to live in, but don't frequent often, except when I have a medical appointment there, so I stock up when I go. 

My dinner today was sliced dry Italian salami, acme sour baguette, mixed olives from the deli section, some stuffed, and a new item was there, not an olive, but marinated dried figs, delicious.  I also bought a chive and shallot boursin which I can only find there.  As I hadn't eaten today, I just ate, in spite of numb left side of my mouth and nostril, lol.  A new type of filling now that drys immediately, first time I had this type, white it is called.

DH will have leftover pasta and a salad, may have a small salad when I make his.

Sounds so so good! I would just add some sort of cheese.

@hellie jo  You mean other than the boursin?  It is cheese, a creamy whipped type, comes in a foil round, addictive. 

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl  After I read my post I wondered about that. I thought maybe that is what it was,but have never had it. Now I want it as it sounds good.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

@mousiegirl  After I read my post I wondered about that. I thought maybe that is what it was,but have never had it. Now I want it as it sounds good.

@hellie jo  There are several flavors, but this is my favorite after having tried the others.

Boursin, Shallots & Chives Cheese, 5.2 oz

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl   Thank you so much. I will definitely look for it.

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone.kinda chilly down here but sunny.yestaday jeff text that he was up here for errends so we went out to a chinese buffet. really good. they have a hugh fish tank with beautiful hugh parrot fish and a couple sharks.i allways go check them out.today maria made chicken burritos with chicken, ,corn, black beans, cheddar cheese, salsa on mine and sour creme on hers and not sure what else they were really good. then we grilled them on george formon grill. tomorrow repair guy is coming to fix our dishwasher. its working but it sounds like a plane fly thru the house. good thing i have service contract on it. its a maytag and i have lost track of how many times its been fixed. at least 10 times. its allmost 10 years old. by the end of next week maria will start baking christmas cookies. shes making i think 14 or 15 different kinds.hope everyone has a great rest of the week and eats well.

Honored Contributor

Late dental appt today, so I prepared burritos for my family.    

Bad weather is headed this way, heavy snow (5-10 inches) expected on Sunday and Monday, so I need to be thinking about cooking and baking something.    

I am probably the only person in the county who does not need to go to the grocery store!   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

redtop im with you. when i shop every friday. no matter what the weather is like we allways have plenty of food and everything on hand. i all ways buy enough milk to carry us to the next week. i allways buy 2 gallons. except 2 weeks ago when i dropped a gallon of milk and it broke all over the hallway.and we allways have lots of can goods and pasta and frezzers are allways full.

Respected Contributor

Hello all. Husband cooked ribs on the grill tonight.It is cold and starting to snow so won't be outside cooking for awhile. But who knows with this weird weather.

Respected Contributor

I fixed myself a fried egg sandwich for dinner. With the two little ones now gone, it sure changes things. Not only were they my heart and soul and I miss them but am getting some much needed rest and MD appointments. Davey, now, is another story. Wish I could get him involved in things and NOT BE so )(*(&* lazy. He is horribly overweight and does little or nothing. NOpe, cannot seem to get him in gear and neither his Mother nor Father provide any assistance.

We had way too much water today and are suffering from flash floods, mud slides and so on.. Winds were fierce today and we even had some sleet. Brrrr.

Stay warm everyone and I continue to enjoy what all are cooking.

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone.quite  cold  down here with temps 10 to 15 degrees tonight. as long   we dont get any snow we can handle the cold. maria allways hated but since but since she fractured her tail bone 11 years ago  she hates snow even more. had leftover barritos.guy came to fix dishwasher yestauday and one of the parts are no longer available and he put in for a new pump.we got an email from maytag telling us dishwasher is unfixable so i bought this service contract 2 years ago and it still has 3 more years left and dw is allmost 10 years old . so there sending us a check for 287.00. for the remainder of the contract we paid like 450.00 for.dw still works it just making alot of noise not allways but sometimes. were going to use it for now and when it dyes we will buy a new dw. its portable not built in.so we will go with a whirlpool dw this time.hope everyone has a great weekend.