Honored Contributor

Re: It's December 2018 - What's Cooking at your House?

@Laura14 wrote:

@mousiegirl  That sounds so good.  I don't know that I could do that much at one time but I cook every Sunday to stock the fridge so I don't have to do much when I come home at night during the week.

@Laura14  It's easy, I just triple the recipe, fill the pans, and bake.  It does take some time, after they cool, to wrap, but then I have a supply that will last a while. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

i DID no COOKING TODAY  - SUPER BUSY DAY. Am hoping to crash shortly - been a super emotional day also. Guess there are always times like this. Have a lot of things to do tomorrow - wish I could find the energy level I use to have. 

Glad to see everyone is eating well.  Tomorrow in addition to many things I must do I also hope to fix that spaghetti. Keep your fingers crossed!

Honored Contributor

Yesterday’s pot roast was turned into beef barbecue today; also fried the leftover potatoes in butter until they were golden brown, and we finished off the slaw.   

Honored Contributor

Christmas Cookie Class

Christmas Cookie Class

Respected Contributor

Had a french dip sandwich and fries tonight. Will have steak and salad tomorrow.Lots of rain here and getting colder.Have a lot of wrapping to do but at least the Christmas shopping is done.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Yesterday’s pot roast was turned into beef barbecue today; also fried the leftover potatoes in butter until they were golden brown, and we finished off the slaw.   

@RedTop  Yum, yum, yum. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Quick fry pork chops, biscuits, gravy, and Lucks canned fried peaches.   

Honored Contributor

Today I had a tooth filling appointment in a city that I used to live in, but don't frequent often, except when I have a medical appointment there, so I stock up when I go. 

My dinner today was sliced dry Italian salami, acme sour baguette, mixed olives from the deli section, some stuffed, and a new item was there, not an olive, but marinated dried figs, delicious.  I also bought a chive and shallot boursin which I can only find there.  As I hadn't eaten today, I just ate, in spite of numb left side of my mouth and nostril, lol.  A new type of filling now that drys immediately, first time I had this type, white it is called.

DH will have leftover pasta and a salad, may have a small salad when I make his.

Respected Contributor

Heated up some of the HUGE stew I made Sunday - also had some sliced watermelon with it. Very very good.

Winds are strong and bitter cold. If in an area of no wind it was just gorgeous - and I did experience that today Then came home and am freezing. Brrr.

Hope all had a super good day.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Today I had a tooth filling appointment in a city that I used to live in, but don't frequent often, except when I have a medical appointment there, so I stock up when I go. 

My dinner today was sliced dry Italian salami, acme sour baguette, mixed olives from the deli section, some stuffed, and a new item was there, not an olive, but marinated dried figs, delicious.  I also bought a chive and shallot boursin which I can only find there.  As I hadn't eaten today, I just ate, in spite of numb left side of my mouth and nostril, lol.  A new type of filling now that drys immediately, first time I had this type, white it is called.

DH will have leftover pasta and a salad, may have a small salad when I make his.

Sounds so so good! I would just add some sort of cheese.