Respected Contributor

Re: It's December 2018 - What's Cooking at your House?

@Pooky1 Oh No!!! not again, this is not a good time for this to act up but glad you have a warrenty. Just be careful I read about the glass mixing bowl that broke, Maria may not be too happy with you. Only kidding LOL. Things happen but it's how we handle our problems. My daughter (named Marie) put dishes in our bosch dishwasher 3 tier (was more money ) said Mom wow we got all Thanksgiving pots, dishes & silverware in one wash. I think her townhouse appliances are 14yrs old now & know they will break soon just fingers crossed. She uses the dishwasher so much taking her lunch containers to work & other things. I can get away waiting 3 days til a full load. Hope they fix it soon.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@brandiwine wrote:

I've been cooking for a friend who will have knee replacement next week.  Her DH is much older and he can't help.  I've made Beef barley soup, stew, chili, spag sauce, pork tenderloin with an orange glaze, dinner rolls, mashed potatoes, homemade pasta, and brown rice.  Hopefully it will help them out.

What a sweet, sweet, sweetheart you are-- such a blessing to your friend in her time of need.  You are racking up some heavenly rewards!

Respected Contributor

Yesterday I got the beef stew made - I think I made too much as am now trying to figure out what to freeze it in - probably will put it in two containers. LOL. Hopefully will get the spaghetti done today - maybe???!!!

Am sitting here freezing - BRRRR!! it is sure cold. Turned the heater on but it takes a while - I do not have central cooling. This was my parents home and they were always going to do that - and they could have - but never did. I will just make do with the wall heater I guess. Never have liked those things but for so many years - out here anyway - that was the only heat one had. I remember as a kid in Cary, NC we had wood stoves and they sure kept an entire house warm. Course I was a kid and did not freeze then like my old bones do today.

Church this morning - always enjoy it but once in a rare while I just do not want to go - this is one of those rare mornings. I will go however - it always builds me up.

Take care everyone. Pooky1 you and Maria manage to cook so much and it all sounds so very delicious. 

Trusted Contributor

this time of they year soups and chili... i make it and freeze it.......

Honored Contributor

I have a large pot roast in the oven, and will do vegetables along with slaw for dinner today.   

Honored Contributor

Made sweet potatos with beef broth that I'll probably throw over pasta this week.  

Also baked a loaf of pumpkin bread.  

Esteemed Contributor

Drove to Nebraska Furniture Mart to pick up a new mattress. Then, we went to SLAPS BBQ in Kansas City, Kansas and brought home husband's favorite burnt ends and ribs. Watching Chiefs game. We're all content. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Made sweet potatos with beef broth that I'll probably throw over pasta this week.  

Also baked a loaf of pumpkin bread.  

@Laura14  I may have mentioned this, but I make pumkikin, raisin, and walnut bread in  an eighteen mini loaf pan, then wrap each twice in saran wrap, then into a freezer bag.  I eat them right out of the freezer as they don't harden too much, but room temp is best, probably.  I usually bake twenty-seven at a time as triplicating the recipe yields this much.

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. you all have mentioned alot of great food. you are all eatting well and that punkin bread sounds wonderful. chilly and rainy down this end. maria made the ham and cheese and spinich calzones this morning and she made 4 of each kind. i had made the dough last weekend pulled it out of the frezzer friday. they were super good. we kept 1 of each for us. gave anna 1 of each and took 2 of each to my brother jeffs and his girl freinds and we ate the and his girl friend made a pumkin pie and we took some cookies i made. everything was really good.we got home and we had some calzone and we were watching the movie bad moms christmas and maria went to bathroom and i hurd her scream.she saw a mouse walk tward her until she screamed and it ran. i pit 2 new sticky pads on them hope everyone has a great week.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  That sounds so good.  I don't know that I could do that much at one time but I cook every Sunday to stock the fridge so I don't have to do much when I come home at night during the week.