Respected Contributor

Re: It's August - Whats Cooking???

Yesterday Davey took his friend Joey for  a birthday dinner at Del Taco.They apparently had a good time. I fixed the little boy some mixed veggies and he had some of the ham cut in small pieces - he ate very well. The little girl missed dinner as she had not napped and she did NOT want to wake up for dinner after she finally fell asleep. So I let her sleep, no bath and all. Did try again and she just wanted to be left alone. I did fix her a bottle and she managed to consume that. Sometimes all of us skip a meal I guess. Me:? I had some of the veggies also - they were really good. An unusual frozen pkg combo, little tiny corn on the cob, etc. Very good.

Need to try and get focused for the day.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy thursday funny pics

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Last night it was chili and cornbread - a tad late but it worked. Very tasty - none left so guess that worked.

Another hot day on tap and that big fire is still raging.

Have a load of clothes in the washer - hope to get them done and hung out before taking Davey to school - it will be a close race.

Have a good day one and all.

Trusted Contributor

14064112_748337885307586_2673002625400801411_n.jpg

Respected Contributor

Well went to the store, & at the Deli got a breaded pork chop & a huge potato dumpling (with onion/bacon bits) it's a Polish store so I'm thinking it will be good, will reheat for supper, so no cooking here

Other than that we still have the hot/humid but should get to Fall temps soon, hopefully

Respected Contributor

Went and got KFC to bring home -  always good. I do that maybe once - sometimes twice a year - and it always brings back memories of Dad going there and Mother calling to let me know what was on tap. They did that about 4 times a month - they loved that food. Needless to say my daughter and I and when my husband was here - he was Navy - he joined in. As years progressed my baby brother and his family, if they were in the area, came over and the grands started - and so it went. Great memories.

Still HOT!!!!

Honored Contributor

Image result for Funny TGIF

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Made black bean tacos last night after my week of chicken cutlets.  Mexican food, I've missed you!!  Heart 

Respected Contributor

Dinner tonight? A bit late for me to think much about that. Tomorrow, however, will be spaghetti and garlic bread - heat and all but a very easy thing to fix. Need to check out the freezer - I do think there are frozen dinners in there - cannot stand them but everyone else will fight for them. Say what??

Hot today but must admit it has been better than the entire week. That is NOT saying it is cool, just a bit better.

Laura, that food sounded good to me.

Hope all stay cool - and of course, continuing to eat well.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy saturday gifs