Trusted Contributor

Re: It's August - Whats Cooking???

@Preds I like this.

Boop

600b90238acde47be9b62515423fb254.jpg

Honored Contributor

@flbettyboop ... I live by those words.  Smiley Wink LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Laura14, you are doing really well in the kitchen!! Keep it up - we will all be over for dinner as a surprise!!

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy tuesday images

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@flbettyboop wrote:

@Preds I like this.

Boop

600b90238acde47be9b62515423fb254.jpg

Isn't this what retirement is all about? LOL

Honored Contributor

I'm eating the last of my pork stir fry today so I am making Italian meatloaf for the rest of the week to use up my tomato sauce.  I can tell I haven't had pork in forever.  I have forgotten how salty it is!  My poor lips.    

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I'm eating the last of my pork stir fry today so I am making Italian meatloaf for the rest of the week to use up my tomato sauce.  I can tell I haven't had pork in forever.  I have forgotten how salty it is!  My poor lips.    

@Laura14  What pork are you eating?  I find it bland until I add salt, pepper and garlic, or other seasonings.  Salt pork is for seasoning dishes, and is very salty.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14  What pork are you eating?  I find it bland until I add salt, pepper and garlic, or other seasonings.  Salt pork is for seasoning dishes, and is very salty.

@mousiegirl  That is a good question.  My supermarket has premade stir fry packs where they chop up beef, chicken, and pork.  I was actually looking to do a pork tenderloin recipe but couldn't find that and got inspired when I saw the stir fry pack.  I will be sticking to chicken from now on.  I'll have to look and see if they exactly label what it was.      

The only thing I seasoned it with was ground ginger and then Polaner all fruit Apricot jam which is just a fruit mix.  Nothing added.  I let it sit in that overnight and then cooked it for lunch the next day.  

Everything else is just raw cabbage, broccoli and carrots (I don't like my vegetables cooked).  I can't imagine what else chapped my lips so bad unless it was pulling weeds on Saturday and the sun got me or I got sloppy with my skin care which I don't think I did.

I think my body just hasn't seen anything so salty in a very long time since I'm not a salt person at all.  I even leave it out of my baking recipes.  I am also very bad about drinking enough water so I think it's a combo of not enough hydration, hot weather, and my first pork meal in a very long time. 

Although if I used a kind of meat that isn't meant to be used for straight cooking, that's funny!  I guess Emeril has his title back and I need to go back to cooking school.  Smiley Very Happy 

@Winifred  You may want to hold off on that dinner party.  I may not be serving real food.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@mousiegirl  That is a good question.  My supermarket has premade stir fry packs where they chop up beef, chicken, and pork.  I was actually looking to do a pork tenderloin recipe but couldn't find that and got inspired when I saw the stir fry pack.  I will be sticking to chicken from now on.  I'll have to look and see if they exactly label what it was.      

The only thing I seasoned it with was ground ginger and then Polaner all fruit Apricot jam which is just a fruit mix.  Nothing added.  I let it sit in that overnight and then cooked it for lunch the next day.  

Everything else is just raw cabbage, broccoli and carrots (I don't like my vegetables cooked).  I can't imagine what else chapped my lips so bad unless it was pulling weeds on Saturday and the sun got me or I got sloppy with my skin care which I don't think I did.

I think my body just hasn't seen anything so salty in a very long time since I'm not a salt person at all.  I even leave it out of my baking recipes.  I am also very bad about drinking enough water so I think it's a combo of not enough hydration, hot weather, and my first pork meal in a very long time. 

Although if I used a kind of meat that isn't meant to be used for straight cooking, that's funny!  I guess Emeril has his title back and I need to go back to cooking school.  Smiley Very Happy 

@Winifred  You may want to hold off on that dinner party.  I may not be serving real food.  Smiley Very Happy

@Laura14 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14  I am sure a lot of salt was added to the stir fry pack, because pork alone is not salty, only bacon, salt pork, and ham, though there are hams that are less salty than others.  I use pork tenderloin a lot.  I get mine at Costco.  I use it for cutlets, tacos, roasts, and on and on.  If you are interested in the cutlet recipe that I just discovered, I will post it. I found it yummy, easy, and great as leftovers for sandwiches or salads.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl Yes please!  I am the cutlet queen.  Smiley Happy