Esteemed Contributor

Re: It Is Beastly Out, Having Ice Cream for Dinner

Ice cream for me too! Double strawberry swirl....I figured the calcium and fruit were quite healthy! LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

my granddaughter works at a local family-owned ice cream shop....she said the line is out the door!!

Trusted Contributor

I've done this many times.. but I'd have either a chocolate nut sundae or a banana split Woman Wink 

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

I'd love praline's and cream.

Salted caramel and cream doesn't get it.  I can definitely tell the salt!

Honored Contributor

We'll have some ice cream during Jeopardy. Wish there was a DQ nearby.

Honored Contributor

We keep drumsticks and have one occasionally.  Also, a root beer float, or good vanilla with berries is a big hit with us!  

We had some root beer ice cream not long ago, and then there's coffee or chocolate ice cream with a shot of espresso poured over!  

Esteemed Contributor

I can and do eat ice cream any time and any season.  It's an awsome lunch too! Enjoy your dinner!

Esteemed Contributor

It's been a fairly warm summer here and I've gone to the local grocery store 3 or 4 times to grab a pint of Ben & Jerry's during my lunch hour.  I knew it was high in calories and carbs but I actually looked to see what it was on the carton when I got one the last time and was shocked.  I'm not doing that any more!!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I had cut up a whole watermelon like a month ago and didn't want to throw any away so I made watermelon sorbet.it was really good and refreshing. I froze it and put it in a food processor or you can use a blender and add a couple table spoons of lime juice and process until smooth. Make a simple syrup With a cup of water and a cup of sugar.bring to a boil until Sugar is dissolved. Cool. Add it to watermelon mixture.mix and put into a bowl and freeze it. Should be good in this heat.

Trusted Contributor

@AuntG  I would so love a vanilla DQ right now! My favorite.