Contributor

Re: Issac Mizrahi Cheese Box ridiculously over priced

I have two freezers full of food from QVC, not to mention a wine rack full of wines. While a shopper does need to be savvy and watch for specials, most of the vendors offers are reasonable for high quality products not available in most grocery stores. Rastelli's, Kansas City Steak Company, Corky's, Bellisima, Cheryl's, and others. The price for this item is excessive, but clearly you miss the point that viewers were not informed of the actual weights. They did not change the description until they got questions about that, and I wrote my blog post. That is not right to not be upfront with shoppers about what they are actually buying.

Esteemed Contributor

To say that QVC is "...literally robbing people blind with this offer...." is going a bit far! Why are you "appalled"? Are you being required to buy this product? If others choose to spend their money on it, that's their business. If it's not a good buy for you, then you'll pass on it - end of story!

Honored Contributor

It amazes me that people even talk about this.  Everything we buy anywhere we could get cheaper.  Do people really only buy the cheapest available?  Anybody who buys stuff here is NOT buying it because it is cheapest.

So if you talk and shop here, I don't see the point of these tsk tskings over what stuff costs. OK.  People pay more.  

Honored Contributor

I suspect Isaac's name attached to it has something to do with the high price.  

Regular Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@Cntrlcstgrl Yes, it is over priced, however, the sales hype QVC hosts present is overwhelming for many people who don't stop and consider what the actual price is.  I don't buy common food from QVC such as cheese & wine because I can pick up excellent products locally.  Maybe for the people that are shut in or don't actually shop for themselves, this sounds like a good deal.  I just know that I can shop my local Hy Vee, or Whole foods, or even IGA's for stilton, cheddar is very common, and whatever else they are selling in the package.  But if the QVC customer is happy, that's all that matters.  I also see this overpriced products in the mail order cheese vendors, that appear at Christmas time in the malls.  Their products are usually less in quality, but people order every year from them...So... if they're happy, I'm all for happiness.

Selling products in order to make money is great but one can present an item while being honest and sincere rather than a full on hype approach which, as you say, is overwhelming for some people.

Esteemed Contributor

Why take the post so literal. Clearly she doesn't mean they are robbing people! The OP is correct the prices are outrageous, and who would buy cheese and crackers just because Issac Mizrahi put his name on it?

For those of you that think you are getting a better product, or that you can't find the a quality product local, I say good job QVC your marketing worked!

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry but ITA with the OP.  The food prices are obnoxious on the Q.  And NO, I don't buy any of it.  I have in the past and realized what a dope I was as the products are NOT high end by a long shot and totally overpriced........and the wine, don't even get me started......

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of his-----wouldn't buy anything he puts together-----

Honored Contributor

I like Isaac very much, and his wine collection on QVC is one of the best they have (and I've purchased several wine sets off QVC).

But I agree, that cheese collection at over $70 was a shocker to me! 

Honored Contributor

I like Isaac but I can many different type cheeses which I like and whatever else to go with them at Wegmans or Fresh Market.