Contributor

Issac Mizrahi Cheese Box ridiculously over priced

I just saw Gourmet Holiday, and Issac Mizrahi has put together cheeses to go with wines. Neither the hosts nor the description tells how much each wedge or wheel of cheese weighs, so I looked at the nutritional information. Each is 7.5 ounces, and you get 3 types of cheese in each choice. Plus a HALF box of Carr's crackers. Now, doing the math, that means that there is 22.5 ounces of cheese in each shipment, less than 1 1/2 pounds of cheese. For $71.88! I realize that Trader Joe's has not come to some parts of the country, but I know they carry all six cheeses he is offering. Purchasing three cheeses and a WHOLE box of Carr's crackers MIGHT set you back $25. Oh, and Trader Joe's blue cheese comes from England, their other cheeses come from the countries they are made in. I am absolutely appalled at both QVC and Issac Mizrahi for literally robbing people blind with this offer, not to mention being purposefully deceptive in not listing the weights of the cheeses in the description. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Issac Mizrahi Cheese Box ridiculously over priced

I don't think QVC claims that you can't find similar food items elsewhere, for less.  Just look at their lobster prices!

I think they're doing very well by offering foods delivered to customers doors.  

Respected Contributor

Items like that are bought as gift or an add-on to send or include with wine orders. Some people look at the uniqueness and ease of shipping more than the price. Not everything is for everybody. 

Honored Contributor

Isaac Mizrahi is selling cheese and crackers now??

Contributor

It is up to customer/consumer to see what QVC sells much is farm raised vs actually local or USA products free shipping, I know I have received excellent products by researching. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have picked up imported assorted cheeses, crackers & meats & assembled them in a gift basket myself. Sometimes I even add a bottle of wine, nuts & olives.The presentation is beautiful & the price tag cheaper.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Maybe he has a farm with cows?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Maybe he has a farm with cows?

Oh, I see - he may have taken a page from Josh and Dr. Brent (Beekman).

Honored Contributor

@Cntrlcstgrl    Until the day comes where buying cheese at QVC is mandatory for everyone, there is no robbery taking place.  If someone wants to buy it, he's doing so voluntarily.  To suggest people are being robbed is riduculous.  Suggest you quit watching food shows.  All shipped prepared foods are expensive but many people want it and have the money to spend. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Cntrlcstgrl Yes, it is over priced, however, the sales hype QVC hosts present is overwhelming for many people who don't stop and consider what the actual price is.  I don't buy common food from QVC such as cheese & wine because I can pick up excellent products locally.  Maybe for the people that are shut in or don't actually shop for themselves, this sounds like a good deal.  I just know that I can shop my local Hy Vee, or Whole foods, or even IGA's for stilton, cheddar is very common, and whatever else they are selling in the package.  But if the QVC customer is happy, that's all that matters.  I also see this overpriced products in the mail order cheese vendors, that appear at Christmas time in the malls.  Their products are usually less in quality, but people order every year from them...So... if they're happy, I'm all for happiness.