Honored Contributor

Re: Is this too radical a twist on Easter dinner?

I think pork tenderloin sounds great and I am sure everyone will love it!
Honored Contributor

I'd be thrilled I was invited and welcome. I could live with peanut butter sandwiches, as long as I was with people who loved me, and I loved them. 

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
My daughter makes a really good pork tenderloin in her crockpot...frees up her oven and time to make everything else.

@lovesrecess- Any recipe hints?  My DH heard me talking about this and went out and bought a pork roast for our Easter dinner.  He plans to cook it in the crockpot and is searching for recipes.

Frequent Contributor

Please stop eating animals.  Start a plant based diet for your health and the planet.  

Honored Contributor

@Venezia 

I'm roasting mine in the oven with a glaze of 3 tbs. dijon mustard to 1/2 cup dark brown sugar.

There are gazillions of slow cooker pork recipes on Pinterest if you've got time to search.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat- Thanks for the suggestion.  He's found a recipe that involves honey (I don't cook that much, so I'll leave him to it).

Depending on how it goes, I'll get him to try your version next time.  I love the idea of Dijon and brown sugar.

Have a blessed Easter.

Respected Contributor

That's my kind of menu. Especially the hungarian cucumber salad. Everything sounds wonderful.Enjoy my cooking twin . Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

To me Lasagna is great any time. I'm in.

Honored Contributor

Here's radical for you.  My husband and I are going to the Mexican restaurant up the street from us for lunch today.  I called them yesterday to make sure they'll be open on Easter.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh : Great idea, no stress and not worn out from cooking and can really enjoy the day. Happy Easter. Southern Bee