Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Is this too radical a twist on Easter dinner?

@SouthernBee wrote:

@gidgetgh : Great idea, no stress and not worn out from cooking and can really enjoy the day. Happy Easter. Southern Bee 

@SouthernBee - Happy Easter to you. 

My side of the family is very small. Only 5 of us who live here.  7 total if everyone is in town.  My sister works very long hours.  I think if I mentioned a big “do” for Easter she’d look at me like I had two heads. There are so few of us for such a big effort for a simple meal.  Neither she nor I are big cooks at all. 

My husband’s side of the family is just as small.  And one of his family members is in the hospital for the 4th time since October. And, that family member’s wife is recovering from a life threatening illness. She eats very little and is very restricted as to what she can eat.  And then,  my daughter in law, no longer eats meat or dairy at all. No thanks to the big meal and all that effort. Mexican restaurant just up the street is just fine with me. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh : I totally understand. Sending prayers for you and family. Just the two of us but DH wanted baked ham, deviled eggs , potato salad and roasted vegetables. I am very slow at getting things done. I am worn out and hurting but DH is my family and I will continue as long as I am able. DH doesn’t do well with packed restaurants and a lot of noise. I have so many things to be thankful for  and consider myself very Blessed. Southern Bee 

Trusted Contributor

Are you serious? Ham and ‘pork loin’ are both swine based.

Invite me! It’s all good. I’m grateful for any free food.

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent  I like your posts.  Keep posting everywhere....

Trusted Contributor

Dear Anna;

I’ve been kicked off of every site known to man err woman. So far, QVC hasn’t removed me, but it’s just a matter of time. heh

Thank You. Be Well.