Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Is this too radical a twist on Easter dinner?

@shortbreadlover wrote:

soundsyummy tome.  areuyou going to make dressing too.  pork tenderloin with dressig is so good.

I'm making the same sides I would've made with ham - potato salad, cole slaw, green beans and baked beans and a fruit salad. I will make gravy for the pork, because my husband loves it. 

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I would be inclined to cook what is not expected.  Go for it.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Thanks for your responses.  I'm glad to see my idea wasn't met with horrified comments, lol.  I will still make the traditional sides, as I think they'll go as well with the tenderloin as they would with ham.

@LdyBugz 

Please arrive around 2 o'clock for appetizers - dinner will be served at 3 o'clock.  

@house_cat   Easter and pork go together like peanut butter and jelly.  It's a good thing.  I would not eat it but most people love it.  I have pancreatitis when I eat pork and have had too many hospital admissions for that reason, so I don't eat it but I love it.

Valued Contributor

We are having burgers, brats, salads, desserts.  4 people and we are all very excited.  Love firing up the grill.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Same here. I will be firing up the grill.

Honored Contributor

Pork is my favorite meat of them all so you have my vote for sure.  Then any kind of sugar after that.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

We happen to have “won” a ham at Weis, so .i will be serving it as part of my choose your own buffet, but I’m not too fixated on ham lately because of the chemical cocktails used in curing some or most of them.

I would be delighted to find pork on the Easter table, especially if accompanied by a side of apple slices in a delicately cinnamon laced sauce.

Blessings!

Respected Contributor

Hey if I'm not cooking I don't care what's being served.  I think I've been pretty honest about how picky an eater I am yet I have never gone to someone's home that I couldn't find something I like and could eat.  

Super Contributor

I'm making breaded pork chops (15 of them !!!), scalloped potatoes (Hungarian style) cucumber salad, etc. 

Honored Contributor

My daughter makes a really good pork tenderloin in her crockpot...frees up her oven and time to make everything else.