Respected Contributor

Re: Is this too radical a twist on Easter dinner?

What is ECBG ???

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

We have had lasagna on Easter and cooked on the grill one year. We like to be Non Traditional in food  Smiley Happy

@FlowerBear - my husband and I had grilled cheese sandwiches, potato chips and cheesecake for Thanksgiving last year. I loved it. 

There are no rules for heaven’s sake. Eat what you want. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

What is ECBG ???

@BeccaLou   It is a posters nic.

Respected Contributor

I think your pork tenderloin sounds delicious and much healthier too!  I would be delighted by your menu!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Sounds good.  My first family Easter dinner in our new home (many years ago) I made pork roast.    Now that I live alone once in a while I buy a really small pork roast and cook it for myself.  I like the leftovers for sandwiches.     Have a nice Easter.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops  I would be all in for the lamb chops.   I love them.   Now I do mine in the air fryer  (cook for one).

Valued Contributor

I think pork tenderloin would be wonderful!

If I was really uncertain, I would probably add some ham into the appetizers.  If I were doing deviled eggs, I might sprinkle some ham on top of some of them.  Or maybe I might make some asparagus roll ups with ham. 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

@bluehost wrote:

ECBG, of course, a guest is not going to complain to the host about the dinner being served, at least I would hope not. 

@bluehost In these days, it is absolutely perplexing to me how even adults who should have learned how to conduct themselves act like (we used to say "they were reared in a barn".  That was the polite southern way of saying they were a genuine a_s.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

NOT radical, but I'm NOT a fam of ham or pork.

I'm serving foil baked salmon, risotto with mushrooms, and green bean salad . THIS is a twist on traditional BORING Easter dinner with HAM.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BeccaLou wrote:

May I ask how you just found out your the host of 10 ???

Well, here's how it went....

Last month, our friends asked us to join the three of them at their home for Easter.

We said yes.

They said, "Bring your son".

He said yes.

I talked to my BFF and she had no plans, so I asked her to join us.  They thought that was a wonderful idea.

Then my niece called to say she and her boyfriend would like to spend Easter with us.

Then DH's young cousin and his roomate asked if they could spend Easter with us.

Then DH realized his buddy's daughters were not coming home for Easter and he'd be alone, so he said, "Spend Easter with us".

So, I called the friends who invited us and told them what had transpired.  I told them to join us instead and they said yes.

So, there you are.

And I know we'll have a lovely time, no matter what we eat.

~ house cat ~