Honored Contributor

Re: Is this too radical a twist on Easter dinner?

Ham is the last thing I want, ever.

My taste buds are sensitive to salt, ALL ham is salty to me, and I am always the only one in the room who thinks that way.

It’s just me.   However, I realized I did not have this problem as a child, because we raised our own pork and did not salt cure anything.   

Honored Contributor

@house_cat You, my dear Karen, are the hostess. How kind of you to do this.  I'm sure your dinner will be beautiful.  Anyone that is "disappointed" needs to stay home and read a book on manners.  They also need a book on how to be gracious and offer to bring a dish.Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

For me it would look like you had a pork loin in the freezer and made do. As someone mentioned, Easter is a celebration of spring. Pork loin reminds also reminds me of the fall, not spring. Easter is a very special time.

Regular Contributor

ECBG, of course, a guest is not going to complain to the host about the dinner being served, at least I would hope not. 

Honored Contributor

@house_cat  I personally would prefer the pork tenderloin if I were coming to dinner.

Respected Contributor

Good grief. I opened this thread, expecting something like eel stuffed with pretzels, and I get . . . pork tenderloin?

LOL, definitely not radical, and any of your guests who are watching their sodium will probably appreciate your selection. 

Just let us know what kind of sides to bring, and when we should be there. Looking forward to it! 

Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat   With my ethnic background, the only way to serve pork is with dumplings and sauerkraut.  Personally, I think you should stick with the ham and do candied yams, fresh green beans and potato salad plus rolls.  This way you don't have to deal with peeling potatoes for mashed potatoesl.  Plus potato salad may go further.  Perhaps serve a mustard sauce on the side for the ham. Most people look forward to ham or leg of lamb.  Happy Easter.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I would tell them that I am serving pork tenderloin and if they rather have ham then feel free to bring one. Problem solved. Ham can be eaten cold or room temp so no cooking that. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

CAN I COME TOO  I WILL BRING DESSERT

Respected Contributor

It will be delicious and nothing wrong with changing things up. All that matters is that you are together sharing a meal for the holiday.