Super Contributor

Re: Is this too radical a twist on Easter dinner?

[ Edited ]

"Traditional" Easter dinners include ham, lamb, or pork!  Regardless... I say serve what you please.  It's the people NOT the meat!!   Well.. hot dogs?  That might be "radical!  lol   Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

Heck no!  Set a place for me.

Anyone who would eat ham would eat pork tenderloin. Of course it’s different, but not that far off. It’s a very good choice with versatile ways to cook and serve it and I think you will get a genuine positive response. 

I dislike turkey and never eat it or prepare it. For several years on Thanksgiving  I have prepared a spectacular boneless loin of pork roast with pan gravy and (traditional) side dishes that are compatible. It’s a big hit with my guests (limited to 6 people) and no one leaves hungry or feeling turkey-deprived. I do announce the menu to my invitees in advance, lest they don’t eat pork or really want turkey. If they aren’t pleased with the choice I understand and let them turn me down. I know they’ll find that turkey dinner somewhere else. So far, anyone who has shared Thanksgiving pork at my table has never said no to a second invitation. 

Now pork for Passover would be a bad choice....but Easter pork instead of ham is great. Not radical. Tasty and a fresh dish for everyone. Keep a creative, courageous holiday cooking  concept.

Honored Contributor

How many would you make for 10 people, since they only weight around a pound each 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

Your house, your rules

Honored Contributor

@house_cat  lol Almost as bad as the grilled baby lamb chops I've been serving for Thanksgiving for years now.

Honored Contributor

I love both ham and pork tenderloin, so I'd be happy with either one.  And especially if someone else was cooking it!  Sounds like you're doing a great meal.

If someone sprung it on me that I was having 10 guests for dinner (or lunch), I'd be on the phone making a restaurant reservation.  Or we'd be having toast!  (Charlie Brown's got nothing on me.)

Trusted Contributor

@house_cat  Thank you!  See you then!  😁  

Honored Contributor

If I get invited I will bring a couple of the sides!You meal sounds great.

Honored Contributor

Sounds yummy to me!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

To look at this from a different perspective, 9 days before Easter you’ve found out that you’re going to host 10 people for Easter dinner and you’re worried that they might not appreciate what you’ve chosen to serve? I love roast pork tenderloin and there are a lot of folks who probably prefer it to baked ham because of the lower sodium content. I’m sure your guests will love it, if for no other reason than that you’ve graciously agreed to cook a holiday dinner for them with little advance notice. If anyone’s rude enough to criticize your choice, give them a dollar and point them to the nearest McDonald’s. Okay, it’s Easter - give them $2.