Occasional Contributor

Re: Is this the right forum to discuss the Nuwave oven?

I know David said in the back of the book there were cooking times for prepared foods. I can't find any thing. Can any one help me please? Thanks, Sandy
Trusted Contributor

Maybe check YouTube dot com...they have a lot of ""how to"" video clips. Maybe someone has posted some about using your cooker.
Honored Contributor

Sandy , do you have the green , flat instruction sheet that came with it ? It tells you how long to cook from frozen and thawed state. Scroll up and down thru all the threads and you will find bunch of conversations relating to the NuWave.

'Justmetoo' Cover with a piece of alum foil then half way thru uncover and finish cooking to brown. You can do anything in the nuwave that you can do in an oven. Also, don't put it on the high rack just set it on the bottom , take out the rack. When I bake cookies I put on bottom, I learned this by watching the DVD that came with the product.

Honored Contributor
Contributor

Better use it as my friend bought one and it didn't work, it went back!

Honored Contributor

Yikes! hope she got replacement.

Trusted Contributor

Nadine, it's great for cooking salmon. I just brush a little EVOO (or not to save calories) on the top and add some seasoning. Place on a parchment lined pie plate (I cook 2 pieces at a time) and baked for about 10 minutes at 400. Delicious!

Also use it weekly to bake sweet potatoes. 400 degrees for about an hour, depending on the size of them.

Regular Contributor

My favorite things to cook are baked potatoes and frozen ribeye steaks. I swear the steaks turn out great! I spray them and then sprinkled seasoning on them and cook about 12 minutes per side for 3/4 inch thick (we like med rare)

I've made frozen breaded shrimp, frozen shrimp spring rolls, cookies and prime rib. I really like the no preheating part of it! I still need to try making French fries...

Honored Contributor

I just put polish sausage hot dogs in mine better then boiling or frying.10 min , then, another 5 because I like 'em real browned and split open.