Honored Contributor

Is there a popcorn in bags that's air popped?

Haven't researched this yet, but maybe someone here knows.  One you can buy in the store?  I really dont want an air popper.  Have to find somewhere to store it. I just refuse to buy one, so...either I find a good one to buy (popcorn) or I just will give up on it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a popcorn in bags that's air popped?

@qualitygal wrote:

Haven't researched this yet, but maybe someone here knows.  One you can buy in the store?  I really dont want an air popper.  Have to find somewhere to store it. I just refuse to buy one, so...either I find a good one to buy (popcorn) or I just will give up on it.

@qualitygal We have those silicone poppers that fold down for storage and have a little clear plastic lid.  They work great in the microwave and can pop without oil or with very little. 

We get the little jars of Rickenbacker's and the popcorn is great!  You can add a little oil of choice in the bottom or not.  Amazon sells tons of them and they are inexpensive and in pretty colors. That might work for you.

Trusted Contributor

Farmer Jon's popcorn in a bag is very good.  We get the butter version and it's 130 calories per serving.  Not sure if it's air popped.  It's an Iowa product and I don't know how widely distributed it is. 

Honored Contributor

Yes buy those fold down poppers for microwave ,on amazon i really like mine ,farmer  johns has too much bad stuff in it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Yes buy those fold down poppers for microwave ,on amazon i really like mine ,farmer  johns has too much bad stuff in it.

I only buy the kind that is already popped.  Microwave popcorn in bags has no appeal for me. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I get a popcorn craving I just buy a bag of the original SkinnyPop Popcorn, delicious, and no mess!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner  Sounds like we have the same microwave popcorn popper!!!!  I always buy my unpopped corn and pop it myself in the microwave. No need to add oil.  I must admit, I do add butter after popping!  Smiley Embarassed

Trusted Contributor

Buy brown paper lunch bags.  Add popcorn to the bag and microwave.  No butter or oil needed.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal  I did a search of air popped popcorn and didn't see any .........what came up is that the higher quality of grocery store popcorn snacks do have some oil in them, but it is healthier oil. 

This list is from 2019   

https://www.womenshealthmag dot com /food/g29228725/best-popcorn-brands/

Esteemed Contributor

Another vote for the silicone collapsible microwave popcorn popper here—I have an air popper but always end up using the silicone one. There are tons of options in this category on Amazon, but I couldn't help myself when I saw the punny "Colonel Popper" brand, so that's the one I bought.  Smiley Happy