Honored Contributor

Is there a decent chocolate snack to be had?

I'd like to find some chocolate snack that isn't totally bad for you to eat.  Just so we can have some chocolate but not something so horrible to have a little snack on. Do you know of any?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Is there a decent chocolate snack to be had?

Planters Cocoa Almonds?

Honored Contributor

When I need a chocolate hit, I use unsweetened baking cocoa and throw it in a smoothie to make a chocolate milk shake.   Banana, unsweetened almond milk, teaspoon of cocoa.  I also usually throw in spinach.  Quick easy and the cocoa powder is 10 calories with the whole thing being about 125 calories.  

Or the latest thing I have created is chocolate peanut butter ice cream.  It's frozen bananas, a teaspoon of the cocoa baking powder and a tablespoon of natural peanut butter with a splash of almond milk.  You can leave out the peanut butter to really cut down the calories and just do chocolate if you want.  Highly recommend.  I made it like five times last week.  

Contributor

Vega Snack bars are yummy and not totally bad for you.  11g protein, 4g fiber, 200 calories

You can find them at Target & Amazon.

PROTEIN BLEND (PEA PROTEIN, BROWN RICE PROTEIN), ORGANIC BROWN RICE SYRUP, DARK CHOCOLATE (ORGANIC SUGAR, PALM KERNEL OIL, COCOA POWDER, COCOA POWDER (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), CHOCOLATE LIQUOR, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, NATURAL FLAVOR), PEANUTS, ORGANIC TAPIOCA SYRUP, ORGANIC PEANUT BUTTER, INULIN (FROM CHICORY ROOT), ORGANIC AGAVE SYRUP, DARK CHOCOLATE CHUNKS (CANE SUGAR, CHOCOLATE LIQUOR, COCOA BUTTER, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN), RICE STARCH, ORGANIC PEANUT FLOUR, ORGANIC DATE PASTE, VEGA SAVISEED (SACHA INCHI) OIL, CARROT JUICE POWDER, ORGANIC ALFALFA SPROUTS, ORGANIC BUCKWHEAT, QUINOA SPROUTS, ORGANIC PEANUT EXTRACT, HEMP SEEDS, SEA SALT, MARINE ALGAE CALCIUM, CHIA SEEDS, ORGANIC ALFALFA GRASS, NATURAL FLAVOR, BROWN RICE CRISPS, ACEROLA CHERRY EXTRACT, PALMYRA SUGAR, SUNFLOWER SEED OIL POWDER, KALE, DRIED FRUIT AND VEGETABLE BLEND (SPINACH, BROCCOLI, CARROT, BEET, TOMATO, APPLE, CRANBERRY, ORANGE PEEL, BLUEBERRY, STRAWBERRY), MUSHROOM EXTRACT, NIACINAMIDE [VITAMIN B3], PANTOTHENIC ACID [VITAMIN B5], PYRIDOXINE [VITAMIN B6], RIBOFLAVIN [VITAMIN B2], THIAMIN [VITAMIN B1], BIOTIN [VITAMIN B7], FOLATE [VITAMIN B9], PHYTOMENADIONE [VITAMIN K]

Honored Contributor

IMO there is nothing like a plain Hershey bar. I like the bag of miniatures and portion them out. The special dark is my favorite.

Super Contributor

I purchase the snack size chocolate bars - the Hershey minis I think they're called.  One of these is very satisfying for me if I need a chocolate fix during the day or after a meal.  

Honored Contributor

Dole Pineapple snacks, chocalote dipped pineapple tidbits

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Lindt a touch of sea salt dark chocolate bar. A few squares takes off the edge of me wanting chocolate, and the dark has good-for-you antioxidants.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxoxwrote:

Dole Pineapple snacks, chocalote dipped pineapple tidbits

The banana is pretty darn tasty too. They are in the frozen section.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Exactly what I needed so thanks to all of you.  We shop tomorrow, and I've not had any real chocolate type of stuff in so long, I don't know what to go after.  I'll look tomorrow!!!