Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is it true? Meredith Laurence returning to QVC?

[ Edited ]

I love the Blue Jean Chef and her recipes, so I follow her on Facebook and get her daily e-newsletter—which means I often receive communications from her multiple times every day—and she has made no mention of this, so I'm guessing this is all pure speculation. I would not be surprised if she came back to QVC to promote a new cookbook when she writes one, but she is quite busy right now and even just launched a new series of cooking classes through Zoom.

Respected Contributor

Id like to see her be assigned as "host" on some of  the kitchen shows.  Why pigeon hole her with Cooks Essentials Brand items ?    She surely could sell and demonstrate all kitchen items.

Valued Contributor

That would be wonderful.  I don't care for the CE representative.  I also don't care for watching the vendors from home.

Honored Contributor

I would only believe that if the "Facebook comments" came fro Meredith herself.  

Super Contributor

I suspect it's just a rumor but why doesn't anyone who wants to know, just contact Meredith? I can't imagine why she'd want to retur to QVC. When she was associated with QVC, she was the Cook's Essentials person and now they have Aaron McCargo so it's unlikely that Meredith is returning.

Super Contributor

"You miss her mentor, Bob Warden?" Bob Warden, Meredith's mentor? No way. Meredith is a graduate of culinary school and a professional chef. No way was Warden her mentor. He was/just a product pitchman with no professional culinary training.

Super Contributor

Agree, the Skype transmission of McCargo is terrible. I suppose if he continues in this role, they'll upgrade the equipment he's using from his home. Right now it looks like he's broadcasting from a dungeon. 

Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They need to do something to revitalize the kitchen shows.  They're dull as dishwater.

IMO there are certain kitchen items (cookware) unable to be effectively demonstrated w/o actual chefs or those with training in person in studio.

Honored Contributor

Oh I hope so! I also get emails from her, and I've seen some of her cooking classes. Some of her recipes are our favorites!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Bob Warden sadly disappeared from QVC several years ago. Many appreciated his down to Earth style and recipes.I know I own a pressure cooker cookbook that he wrote.  A few people on here commented that he had a fallng out with his girlfriend and may have left due to emotional stress but no one ever said with certainty why he disappeared after all those years as the Cooks Essentials Representative.