Regular Contributor

Re: Is it ok to REFREEZE a frosted cake?

Its fine. Just don't wait weeks to eat it again cause it might not taste great. But its perfectly safe.
Trusted Contributor

Yes, you can unless you defrosted it and let it sit out on the counter for several days.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/8/2015 Anniecamp said: It's just my opinion but, I would freeze it once, but not twice, if it's' been thawed out.

I agree. I never refreeze anything once it's been thawed.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/8/2015 dusty523 said:

Why not. Wedding cakes sit in the freezer for a year and they're still good to eat.

That's what I was thinking!

Honored Contributor

Why the rolleyes? Her question was actually about RE-freezing a cake and it seemed like a decent question to ask.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/10/2015 chickenbutt said:

Why the rolleyes? Her question was actually about RE-freezing a cake and it seemed like a decent question to ask.

Rolleyes - was just 'cause I was gonna write the same reply as dusty - just a duh, bet me to it; certainly nothing meant to be negative, just like when a friend says something you were going to say and you both laugh! And, definitely nothing against the question!!!! Why did you read something so negative into it, chickenbutt?????

Honored Contributor

On 2/10/2015 Goldenlocks said:

Rolleyes - was just 'cause I was gonna write the same reply as dusty - just a duh, bet me to it; certainly nothing meant to be negative, just like when a friend says something you were going to say and you both laugh! And, definitely nothing against the question!!!! Why did you read something so negative into it, chickenbutt?????

I'm sorry and didn't mean to offend. But if somebody puts the 'rolleyes' emoticon after they say something, that pretty much speaks for itself.

Clearly YOU didn't mean it that way. I'm sorry that I seemed attacking toward you. I didn't mean it. I just responded to the way it was put with the rolleyes. I tend to take things pretty much literally.

Now I get that you were doing kind of a '{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} <---at self' thing. I am sorry that I read it that you were rolling your eyes at the other poster so as to say 'uh, DUH' to her.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/10/2015 Goldenlocks said:

I'm sorry and didn't mean to offend. But if somebody puts the 'rolleyes' emoticon after they say something, that pretty much speaks for itself.

Clearly YOU didn't mean it that way. I'm sorry that I seemed attacking toward you. I didn't mean it. I just responded to the way it was put with the rolleyes. I tend to take things pretty much literally.

Now I get that you were doing kind of a '{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} <---at self' thing. I am sorry that I read it that you were rolling your eyes at the other poster so as to say 'uh, DUH' to her.

No problem. I took offense 'cause it seems in reading some threads, some people become argumentative - which I don't like. I also apologize to you for being so defensive. Didn't realize rollingeyes meant anything negative (it was meant at myself). I will try to be more careful with the 'emotions' - was just trying to be cute. So, let's just be friends - okay?

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Goldenlocks! You didn't do anything wrong. I did, by assuming you knew what the emoticon was, and I thought you were snarking at the other poster. That is on me for being a chucklehead. Smiley Happy

Friends! Smile

You're also right about the argumentative thing. Sometimes I just have to walk away from some of it. I'm a pretty straight-forward person. I've met a lot of nice people here over the years. But sometimes it can seem intolerable. I just come here to enjoy and if there is something where I feel I can contribute I do. But I try to stay out of the fighting stuff. It's just not productive.

Hope you're having a happy day!

Honored Contributor

Because of Christmas and my Christmas Eve birthday and my love of cupcakes I probably have four different frosted cake type items in my freezer right now. I usually slice up ahead of time but I also will put a whole one in and slice after a few minutes of thawing and back in the freezer it goes.

I love to bake for myself and my son and his family so I give most of the portions to him but if I left mine out I would eat to soon so I freeze. Keeps my weight down along with the exercise bike.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."