Trusted Contributor

Re: Is anyone watching The Great British Baking Show on PBS?

Me! All current episodes are now streaming on ROKU, under the PBS app. Their tasks really are difficult. The host/judge is a little on the hunky side.
Honored Contributor

On 1/19/2015 ritasNo1Fan said: Me! All current episodes are now streaming on ROKU, under the PBS app. Their tasks really are difficult. The host/judge is a little on the hunky side.

Thank you! I'll look for them. Last night was the first time I'd seen the show.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

Just happened upon this show and realized it is from England. Very nice, don't care for the shows over here. Too dramatic! This was very refreshing and I could not believe how talented all the bakers were. I saw the one with the bread episode. Wow, I bake but could not have done anything like they did. Will watch again next week. Love how they set up each area.

Trusted Contributor

They did a Bisquit/Cracker episode,a Cake,a Bread,that is all I can remember.
Honored Contributor

To watch it online, just click on this link:

LOVE adorable contestant "Norman". 8)

Honored Contributor

I watched some of it last night and enjoyed it.

Valued Contributor

I have really been enjoying the show. What a great idea. The venue that they have chosen is so beautiful. Love the tents they bake in. So English to be doing it outside.

Respected Contributor

Two years ago CBS had a baking competition based on this show and it was great. It was even set out in a field in a large tent. I really hoped it would be an annual event, but there wasn't one last year. The British male judge, Paul Hollywood, was also a judge on our American show. The other judge was Marcela Valladolid from the Food Network. The host was Jeff Foxworthy.

Even though it was reality/competition, I didn't find the contestants to be too mean to each other as in some other competitions I have watched.

I am enjoying this British one. I think it is an older one and I would love to see more.