Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone else not a fan of

Not a fan.  Never watch the shows.  I can't imagine ordering food from TV.  

I have supermarkets, delis, gourmet markets, etc ... nearby.  

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio  I'm guessing that fewer people are cooking now (fast foods, restaurants, home delivery), so perhaps there is less demand for kitchen items.  At the same time, those people may tend to be ordering the prepared foods from QVC.  Personally, I don't need either one......I eat a lot of salads, yogurt, and ice cream!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't mind having all-food ITKWD shows every now and then (perhaps three or four times per year), and I think the holiday-themed ones are sometimes fun for sharing entertaining ideas as much as trying to sell products. However, it feels like we have seen a lot of all-food shows lately, and as others have mentioned, the Q already has Gourmet Holiday, which it airs frequently. I totally understand that David is one of the most popular hosts and that's why they cram all the random stuff like vacuum, iPad, and candle TSVs into his shows when they don't really belong there, but it is a disservice to loyal viewers who are tuning in to see kitchen items in a kitchen show.

I wish QVC had a way to see how many of us change the channel when the extraneous items are presented; hopefully this forum gets some attention and some changes can be made...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Not a fan.  Never watch the shows.  I can't imagine ordering food from TV.  

I have supermarkets, delis, gourmet markets, etc ... nearby.  

I'm so glad you're mobile and able to get to the store and choose your own food. That's fantastic!

Not everyone is. Seeing an item in a catalog or on TV is the only way they get to feel connected to an item and choose it, maybe for someone they love. My mom used to be a great cook, but she's been very sick. When I went home for Christmas last year, she bought me a cake from a catalog because it was the only way she could see a cake for herself and buy it for me to have when I arrived.

So be thankful you can't imagine buying food on TV or not being able to go to the grocery store. I know I am every day I make my own choices at the store.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Neither one appeals to me - kitchen gadgets or expensive prepared food.  Haven't seen In The Kitchen in years.

Agree!!!  There isn't a thing on those shows you couldn't get elsewhere for less.  And regarding the food:  I don't buy prepared food.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch any cooking, cookware or food shows.  I do ocasionally buy food from QVC but it's during the holiday season when I'm entertaining and having people over.

Esteemed Contributor

i ask this in all sincerity: if you do not watch QVC kitchen or food shows or purchase QVC kitchen or food items, then why are you participating in a kitchen forum on the website? i really am curious...

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

i ask this in all sincerity: if you do not watch QVC kitchen or food shows or purchase QVC kitchen or food items, then why are you participating in a kitchen forum on the website? i really am curious...

I love to cook, and I love kitchens and all things kitchen.  However, the Q has absolutely nothing to offer that interests me, nor is there anything that I would ever buy from them in the kitchen department.

It is not a requirement that we can only talk about things we have purchased from the Q.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

This question comes up from time-to-time: why do you participate in xyz forum if you have no interest in xyz?  The answer is probably that they don't go to the xyz forum to read posts; they view posts from all forums.  That's what I do.  I'm not even aware of which forum I'm in.

Respected Contributor

I guess there's no pleasing everyone. I've seen posts from people who want more food and less gadgets! Smiley Indifferent