Honored Contributor

In the Kitchen when it is all food products?

I buy quite a few QVC foods, and we love them, but I have to say when I tune in to In the Kitchen, and it is all food, off goes the station and I'm on to something else. 

I feel they already have Gourmet Holiday shows quite frequently and all year long, and that is enough for me. Q seems to be adding more and more food vendors all the time. At the same time, the actually new and different offerings of kitchen wares seems to be going down. The same brands and items over and over, just reconfigured or updated. 

So I'm voting for more new things in In the Kitchen, and pulling back on the food products, especially times when the whole show is just food.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone else not a fan of

I have never bought one food item from a shopping channel  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I like to watch In The Kitchen With David on Sundays to see what food items will be offered or to get ideas for my meals, not to see what kitchen gadgets are being presented. 

I do, however, watch specific shows like Rachel Ray when she is on QVC when I am looking for pieces to add to the set I already purchased on the Q. The same is true for any other show devoted to small appliances...I watch them if I am in need of that particular item.

I watched the TSV the other day with the Vitamix because I was interested in buying one, which I did. I watch the Lock N Lock shows when I want to add to my existing sets.

So I prefer not to mix the food shows with other kitchen items. Although, I wouldn't mind if they were doing food presentations and said: "Oh, by the way, if you would like to learn more about the containers we are using, they are called ________ and you can find them on QVC.com."

Honored Contributor

What's the possibility QVC has a few million old customers like me?  I probably already have something that will do the same jobs new gadgets do, and I really don't lust after new and different.

When I shop locally for my kitchen, I buy pretty much only food and flowers -  and that's what most attracts me during ITKWD -  minus the flowers, of course.

Respected Contributor

I do so agree with you! We buy a couple of food items but I much prefer items that facilitate my own cooking and serving. I love seeing see gadgets, dishware, cookware and serving ware. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio, I am with you! When I saw that last Sunday's ITKWD was all food, I didn't even turn it on. I have bought some food items over the many years, and most have been good, but I am more of a gadget junkie and enjoy cooking, so I would rather see that. I hope the holiday food shows will take a break and just come back in the fall.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohiookay raises a hand! 

as I mentioned in another post Sunday's show almost made me queasy in a record heat wave and seeing one rich food item after another. Then it dawned on me it was all food so I turned it off.  

Regular Contributor

I have said many times I do not buy food from the Q. Never have - never will!! I still like going to the grocery store and pick out what I want and I also can see what it looks like. I have also noticed that poor old David is showing the results of his happy dance. I'm sure he has to eat like a cow and even say it's good when it really isn't - after all, it's his livelihood to hype us up to buy. He is risking his health and the Q should value him more than having him show all this food. He is actually eating his self to death.

Come on Q!! Give us our ITKWD back when he had the gadgets we like and bought......

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Valued Contributor

ITKWD and possibly Lug shows are the only ones I will attempt to watch live. I have no interest in all food shows. 

Honored Contributor

Neither one appeals to me - kitchen gadgets or expensive prepared food.  Haven't seen In The Kitchen in years.