Valued Contributor

Re: Is anyone else not a fan of

I'm so happy to see all these comments about the flood of prepared food products that we've been seeing over the past couple of years.  I've been a member of QVC since 1986.  In my mind, a cooking show should be about cooking........utensils, pots, pans, electrics, gadgets, cookbooks, bakeware and any new things that hit the market.  I like to cook and am interested in this stuff.  We used to see cookbooks all the time but now we're lucky if we see one a month. And a lot of the cookbooks we see now are all from QVC hosts, not that that's a bad thing, but it's pretty obvious that they're trying to keep that in house as much as possible.   I also don't understand why we have to listen to 30 minutes of vacuum cleaner sales, a TSV computer deal or cleaning products during a cooking show.  How many kitchen or food products do you see in a jewelry show or a clothing show?  And I was totally disgusted with ITKWD show the other Sunday when it was ALL food!  Like others, I shut it off.  Every time I turn it on they're selling more food than cooking items!  All of these prepared foods are expensive too and I think I'm somewhat safe in saying that a lot of QVC viewers cannot afford to spend $65 on a cake that serves 10!   I've been wanting to vent about this for a long time and now I have so........... I'm done!

Honored Contributor

Yeah, but these are not 'cooking' shows.  They are kitchen shows.  Kitchen includes food, cooking, and kitchen supplies 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have ordered a few things in the QVC food line but have always been disappointed. We were not happy with the overall quality.

Edited to add:  my food orders were several years ago and I have no interest in ordering food now.

I watch very few of these shows because all the eating just turns me off. I need more balance in the lineup.

Frequent Contributor

Count me in! I get frustrated with so much food on the kitchen shows too, we especially right after 2+ hours of Gourmet Holiday. I tune out.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio  I totally agree.  I already quit ITKWM and will quit David's show too because it is too much prepared food, same old items, and the recipes he "makes" do not interest me.  I also dislike when they spend a lot of time on a TSV that may be a vacuum or something not related to the kitchen show.

Trusted Contributor

I stopped watching ITKWD long ago.  Too many food items, vacuums, ect.  I miss the days when the show was about products to prepare foods.  Now, it's just a quick review of what was on air.  I don't waste my time on his show any longer.

Frequent Contributor

YES!!!  I stopped watching ITKWD months ago because the show became so food centered.  I checked the program guide since I was going to watch ITKWM and the theme for today is ALL FOOD items!!  So I am passing on that.  There must be a huge following of older women who need $70 cakes because this switch in merchandising makes no sense to me.

Respected Contributor

I never watch In The Kitchen.  Just not interested.  In cooking or more kitchen "stuff" at this stage of the game.  

Respected Contributor

@Northerngal...once again ITKWM more glorious food items! Smiley Sad 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Way too expensive for me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.