Honored Contributor

Re: Is a convection oven better than a toaster oven?

I'm going right now to bake two frozen biscuits in my oven to go with my dinner.  Do you think I'd heat up the big oven to bake two biscuits?  Nope.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  My Breville oven will hold a 9 X 13" baking pan.  These things are perfect for a single.

Valued Contributor

Just curious for those of you w/Breville ovens....do they heat up on the outside like slow cookers and some toaster ovens? 

Thanks 

Cindy 

Respected Contributor

@CinNC I can not answer your ? I am going to watch this post for an answer though. I also wonder the same concern about the KA one if there are any owners of it.

I am trying to figure a space in my small kitchen that I could safely place one. KA reps really sell them. I have small appliances that bake small servings but nothing replicates actually baking ! but not enough to turn on the regular oven-- my air conditioning gets mad and leaves.

Contributor

I love my mini Breville oven! I received it as Christmas gift.  I have never had a toaster oven in the 30 years I've been married, I just didn't see the reason for one more thing on my counter. Boy was I wrong!  Next to my Instant Pot, it is my favorite appliance. I  use it every day.  I don't mind that it doesn't have the convection feature because both my stove and my over the stove microwave have a convection option.  Don't hesitate on the Breville brand, it is wonderful and you will love it. 

Honored Contributor

You can slso get a convection microwave oven now.  I don't have one myself.

Respected Contributor

Just what is the difference between the two?  Can someone explain why one would be better than the other?    We've been wanting a toaster oven but just can't decide on what we need.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, everyone, for all the info on the ovens! I've been contemplating purchasing a Breville oven, myself It would be $174 at Kohl's when using a 30% coupon (better price if on sale!).

GREAT reviews on the Smart oven!

Can I ask - can a 9 x 13 pan be used in it effeciently? Many of the recipes I have use this size pan, especially for baking.

Does it take a lot less time to bake?

TIA!!

Honored Contributor

@CinNC wrote:

Just curious for those of you w/Breville ovens....do they heat up on the outside like slow cookers and some toaster ovens? 

Thanks 

Cindy 

@CinNC  Yes, my Breville gets quite hot on the outside, one downside.

Honored Contributor

@DiamondGirly wrote:

Thanks, everyone, for all the info on the ovens! I've been contemplating purchasing a Breville oven, myself It would be $174 at Kohl's when using a 30% coupon (better price if on sale!).

GREAT reviews on the Smart oven!

Can I ask - can a 9 x 13 pan be used in it effeciently? Many of the recipes I have use this size pan, especially for baking.

Does it take a lot less time to bake?

TIA!!

@DiamondGirly  I answered your question in post #12 above.  Yes, you can use a 9X12" pan without handles.  Most things bake in just a couple minutes less than a big oven so it's not significant.

When I bought my Breville, I couldn't find any place on the Internet where they were discounted or would allow the use of a coupon.  Their prices seem to be strictly controlled.