Honored Contributor

Is There Any "Summer" Food You Didn't Get Around To Make???

Not want much starch in my diet, late summer is here and I didn't even make my beloved Chelsa's Pasta salad with the dill and ranch powder!!!

Pasta Salad From My Area's Former Top Tea Room - Blogs & Forums

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is There Any "Summer" Food You Didn't Get Around To Make???

In Arizona, winter is our time to cook. We make anything anytime. We have no end of summer, only cooler weather when we can wear longer pants.

Honored Contributor

Chicken corn soup.  I love to make it with fresh picked corn..

I bought 2 chickens today and six dozen ears of corn.  It will be my project for tomorrow..

I plan on freezing some.Yummm

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Chicken corn soup.  I love to make it with fresh picked corn..

I bought 2 chickens today and six dozen ears of corn.  It will be my project for tomorrow..

I plan on freezing some.Yummm

I love fresh corn, but hate shucking it.  I don't envy you having to do that to 6 dozen ears!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   Chelsea's Classic Pasta Salad....here I come!  

I'll make the following minor substitutes:

ranch packet       Follow Your Heart Ranch...maybe 1/3 cup?

buttermilk            Almond milk with vinegar to make buttermilk

mayo                   Veganaise or homemade tofu mayo

sour cream          Vegan Sour Cream/homemade

Thanks!  I know this will be a tasty dish.        

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie  Love chicken corn soup, but it has been soooo HOT! I will wait until it's cooler and will use fresh frozen corn. We used to make it for our childrens' elementary school fundraiser in the spring. 

Honored Contributor

I had a leftover chicken breast, so I sliced it up and sautéed it with halved grape tomatoes, corn, sliced green pepper, and garlic. When I had a sauce, I threw in some already cooked spaghetti, a handful of fresh spinach, and some parm. For a throw together dinner, it was quite tasty. I wish I'd had some fresh basil, that would have been even better. 🌽🍅🫑🧄

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I haven't had my delicious Italian ices yet !!!  I love the chocolate and yum yum or vanilla.  These are creamy homemade ices and soooooo good!  Also I only had Rita's gelato once, it is a mixture of soft ice cream and flavored ice,  soooooo good!!!!!  

When I do have my Italian ice, I will stop to see what the bakery has which is where the ice is made!  These are all treats for me that I have a few times during the warm months.

Honored Contributor

Haven't even made a fresh fruit salad. In fact, I should start by buying a watermelon.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom   I am in PA.  It has been extremely hot here too...in the 90's all week.

I have central AC and it's cold inside my house.  My dogs can't stand and the heat.  I cook whatever we are hungry for heat be damned.

Two nights ago, I baked stuffed peppers...peppers were from my garden.  Tonight I grilled chicken breasts on the grill...

I am so hungry for chicken corn soup... I didn't make any last year.  As long as the AC works, I'll be good to go.