Respected Contributor

Re: Is There A Food You Only Eat...........

I only eat cornbread dressing and cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving Day. I do a lot of baking year round but use ground cloves and allspice only during the holiday season.

Honored Contributor

Fudge once a year.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  You hit DH's favorite candy.  He especially liked PB fudge.  I like it but only ever bought it or made it because he liked it so much.

Esteemed Contributor

My mothers Savory Bread Stuffing....

Honored Contributor

Turkey, dressing, and cranberry sauce is one of my most favorite meals (as well as my family).  I used to do a smaller turkey for Easter, but in the last few years, I really like the brown sugar spiral sliced hams.

As another poster said, fudge is for Christmas only.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Egg Nog and Candy Cane flavors of ice cream

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Dressing and cranberry sauce.  We only have them on Thanksgiving and Christmas.  We did the same thing when I was growing up, too.  We don't usually have turkey any other time either.  I love dressing and cranberry sauce, so we really should have them more often.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

We have lobster tails on Christmas Day and crab legs on New Year's Day - usually the only time we make them (unfortunately). I haven't cooked a turkey in probably 15 years - I leave that up to sons who have us over for TG! Lucky me!! LOL!

@jannabelle1   Did I hear lobster tails? 🦞 Address, please.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi   I make an easy delicious egg nog pound cake, but egg nog only available this time of year. A few years ago, I got smart and baked 10-12 cakes. Some went to neighbors as gifts, a few to DH's office and froze the rest for when we wanted some later in the year. Stayed fine for 6 months (wrapped in foil and then in ziplock bags).

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi   I make an easy delicious egg nog pound cake, but egg nog only available this time of year. A few years ago, I got smart and baked 10-12 cakes. Some went to neighbors as gifts, a few to DH's office and froze the rest for when we wanted some later in the year. Stayed fine for 6 months (wrapped in foil and then in ziplock bags).

Would you please share your recipe @Shanus ?😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt