Honored Contributor

Re: Is There A Food You Didn't Get Enough Of This Summer?

@jannabelle1 Thank you!  Looks ultra yummy!

When we were first married, there was a deli close to where I worked.  Several times I had their "vegetable" sandwich.  Awesome!!!

It was roughly chopped (to the size of slaw) cucumber,  a little carrot, onion (maybe spring onion), a little bell pepper, a touch of mayo, and garlic!

They were known all over a 525 sq mile city in 1975!!!!!Smiley Happy

Today I would put that on rye and pumpernickel swirl bread!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

We had such a wet spring in my area of the Midwest, so it seems like the prime season for fresh veggies was too short. I regret not buying more locally grown sweet corn and peaches....and rhubarb. And I never get enough of my step-son's dry-rub smoked ribs....he should have invited us over more often! LOL! There's a woman in the neighborhood who sells her homegrown tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and melons. She has a table set up on her front porch with a cash lock box...good stuff and I already miss all of those goodies!

Valued Contributor

WatermellonSmiley Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

Vidalia onions. I can never get enough of those.😁

Respected Contributor

We live in the East and our growing season is short.  It seems like if I forget to shop at a market for a week or two, I miss out on the best of our seasonal produce.  Of course by now I miss fresh asparagus, strawberries, blueberries and peaches.  It will be a long wait for us for the 2020 season for these foods.

Respected Contributor

Great tasting watermelon.....they all seemed mushy and not as sweet.

Honored Contributor

Not enough peaches, or cantaloupe.

NEVER enough TOMATOES 🍅 no matter how many I eat.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

Not enough watermelon, blueberries, tomatoes and sweet corn.  The season just went by too fast.

Respected Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

Great tasting watermelon.....they all seemed mushy and not as sweet.

Watermelons were the same in our area.   I think out of all of them that we bought only  2-3 of them were what I considered to be really delicious.  

I'm a huge watermelon fan and could eat them everyday of the year.   This summer was such a disappointment.    Even our cantalopes weren't that great.

Respected Contributor

@redhead handbag queen wait a minute are we related ? I love creamed cucumber. I missed out this summer on everythinhg except fresh tomato's, given to me by a friend from his bounty.