Honored Contributor

Is There A Food You Didn't Get Enough Of This Summer?

I work so much, I COMPLETELY forgot to go by the Farmer's Market so close to my work (in the opposite direction, I might add), and get yummy tomatoes since we have so much shade we can't grow them!  I also didn't get any of the small pickling cucumbers that make yummy cucumber sandwiches.  I did find a wooden box ONE day of them at our grocery store!

I'll never get enough canteloupes!  Not musk melons that appear to have cutting stripes in the netting.  They're "wet".Smiley Sad

I didn't feel up to making pasta salad; potato salad and deviled eggs, only made an appearance for Easter when I did a brown sugar spiral sliced ham. 

Next time I'm off, I may just "cut lose"!

Anyone else?  What did you miss?

Honored Contributor

Re: Is There A Food You Didn't Get Enough Of This Summer?

I didn't get my fill of peaches this summer.

I planted cantaloupes and harvested the last of them a few days ago.  I have a whole fridge full...getting tired of eating them.

Super Contributor

Peaches from my favorite peach farm, and bi-color sweet corn.  

Respected Contributor

I missed fresh tomatoes...it was so wet in my area, people didn't have good luck with their gardens.  Only had a few this summer.

Better luck next year!

Honored Contributor

Watermelon and peaches.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It just occured to me that I forgot to buy any melon this summer, which I dearly love.  We have trouble getting good fruit here since little is grown locally.  It just slipped my mind.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

California navel oranges. They were so sweet this year.

The valencias out now are sour. 

Honored Contributor

Watermelon and cantaloupe!  

I did have lots of both this year.  The dog, the bird, and I really love it.   But I wish it didn't have to end until next summer.    I had some of THE best watermelons this year.  Sometimes I have days where I really don't want to eat at all.  On days like that I enjoyed eating just watermelon for lunch or dinner.

Trusted Contributor

Ranier cherries.  I live in Phoenix.  They have a very short season here.  Maybe a month and most of that month very expensive.  But I just love them so. 

Respected Contributor

One of my favorite things in the world is fresh corn on the cob with lots of butter and salt.   I didn't get any this summer due to an issue with the caps on one or two of my front teeth.   I missed it sooooooo much.   Hopefully they will be fixed by next summer.