Respected Contributor

I miss it and afraid to buy it. Grocery store is selling it so guess the scare is over. I always wash lettuce when buying it wrap in paper towels & debbie meyer green bags then rewash with salad spinner before eating it. All this washing think there may not be any vitamins left in it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Is Romaine Lettuce safe?

They say that the romaine is from California now and so far that is good.I am still al little afraid to try it myself. We have been eating leaf lettuce and butter lettuce..both have been tasty.

Honored Contributor

The season for Arizona lettuce ended March 31st., so it's off the market now and the romaine you now see in stores should be safe.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I purchased some from Costco, went home and read about more deaths, so in the trash it went.

Esteemed Contributor

I eat Romaine just about every day, from a reputable grocer, and I am sill here. I never stopped eating it during this recent scare.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I eat Romaine just about every day, from a reputable grocer, and I am sill here. I never stopped eating it during this recent scare.

The reputation of the grocer doesn't matter, it's where the lettuce is grown that you needed to be concerned about.  Maybe you just got lucky.

Respected Contributor

Miss Romaine sared 

Esteemed Contributor

@sissel, there have been so many scares about Romaine that I have just stopped buying it.  Lots of other choices out there.  LM

Respected Contributor

We won't buy it until it is clear that it's safe to eat.  I'm not sure that's happened yet.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not eating any Romaine or Lettuce of anykind from the store or in a restaurant.  I planted some in my garden. Waiting to harvest it. Smiley Happy