Trusted Contributor

Re: Is QVC still carrying Instapot?

Hi - I can't believe this item (K49640) is on clearance! What a steal of a price. So many people complained that no recipes were included and only minimal instructions. Those would have been nice but the info is readily available online. If you're looking for one of these, boy it's rock bottom price for a fantastic version of the pot. I just love mine, which I bought at 79 when it was a Tsv, and use it nearly every day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chessylady wrote:

Not sure why people call it Instapot. In this country they are all Instant Pots.

@chessylady 

I chuckled when I read this.

I mean.....it says it on the box

Origins:

The McDougall Diet (plantbased) community really got a foothold w/ the Instant Pot early in the game. Chef AJ, was promoting them way back in 2013-14. At that time there was a FB group called "InstaPot Users Group"..and it gained a TON of users.  The moderator of that page originally mis-spelled it...and with many users searching for that mis-spelled term...many will say that's why the mis-spelling still remains, to this day. 

Honored Contributor

Is it possible they are coming out with a newer version and that's why they are on clearance?  I'm waiting to see.

Respected Contributor

@KittyL Everything seems to be on a severe discount.Even if it is new.

Valued Contributor

I agree Sooner. While I love my Instant Pot Duo, I replaced it with the Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus. I think it's a game-changer as it has a lot of features that were incorporated based on customer feedback. However, ANY Instant Pot is wonderful and there are numerous models to choose from. The Instant Pot Duo Plus at $69 is a FANTASTIC price.

For anyone who doesn't want that particular model, Instant Pots are sold at tons of places, Bed Bath and Beyond, Williams-Sonoma, Kohls, Walmart, Sam's, Costco, Belk, many supermarkets. However no one carries every model so you have to make your purchase from the merchant who carries the model you want. 

Different models have various presets but don't worry about them  - for example, Meat/Stew, Soup/Broth etc. The vast majority of people and recipes in cookbooks or online simply call for using the Pressure Cook button and the amount of cooking time the recipe calls for. That's what I use for actual cooking.

Valued Contributor

Chessylady, I think those who call it the Instapot are just ignorant. The correct name is Instant Pot - anywhere it's sold!