Honored Contributor

Re: Is PIE better sliced or slivered?

@Yahooey....do you use up left over pie dough?

My mom always made us rolly polly's. (spelling)....she would roll out the left over dough, add butter, cinnamon, allspice, sugar, and rolled it up, pinched the edges and baked.

Sooooo good! at least it was when i was a kid!!

Honored Contributor

Unless you can tune out your guests (and why would you if you invited them and presumably want to spend time with them?), then eating alone is, for me anyway, the only way to really savor something delicious.

@Sooner

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Whole!  LOL!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I've never had a sliver of pie in my life.  Ever.  I am going to eat a whole piece or forget it.  By the way...I go to Weight Watchers.  LOL  Please, no one take offense to my post.  I really do go to WW.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for the crust, so if I have the entire pie to myself, I just take a spoon and eat the fruit.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I think we have established that we are equal opportunity foodsters!!!
Honored Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

It's good to cut a couple slices out for dessert, and then when I put it away I can whittle at it with a fork, but I have to make it look like I wasn't the culprit !!!!!

Why don't they address that skill in the cooking shows?  PERFECT topic for a show!  How to silver a dessert without leaving a trace (wipe the crumbs off your face Woman Tongue )

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

I've never had a sliver of pie in my life.  Ever.  I am going to eat a whole piece or forget it.  By the way...I go to Weight Watchers.  LOL  Please, no one take offense to my post.  I really do go to WW.

@mima My mother would make 6 different kinds of pies when guests were coming.  Now just what would you do about that???  Late at night, after they leave. . . and you are alone in the dark kitchen with just the dim glow of the refrigerator and a fork in your hand?  Now WHAT would you do?  HuH????? Woman Embarassed

(And congrats because I know you are a long time WW member and have worked hard at it!)

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@mima wrote:

@mima My mother would make 6 different kinds of pies when guests were coming.  Now just what would you do about that???  Late at night, after they leave. . . and you are alone in the dark kitchen with just the dim glow of the refrigerator and a fork in your hand?  Now WHAT would you do?  HuH????? Woman Embarassed

(And congrats because I know you are a long time WW member and have worked hard at it!)

@Sooner LOL!  I'm picturing myself in that scenario.  I "might" take a sliver of each one in that case!

Yes, I have been in WW for years off and on.  I am going currently with about 7 extra pounds from goal.  I have been fighing those 7 pounds for months!  You have a great memory!

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@mima wrote:

@Sooner LOL!  I'm picturing myself in that scenario.  I "might" take a sliver of each one in that case!

Yes, I have been in WW for years off and on.  I am going currently with about 7 extra pounds from goal.  I have been fighing those 7 pounds for months!  You have a great memory!

@mima  I have always enjoyed your posts and admired your courage for keeping those pounds away.