Honored Contributor

Is PIE better sliced or slivered?

Fess up.  Do you like pie better sliced and on a plate eaten in full view of guests, or when you are alone in the kitchen, take a knife and just sliver off a  little bite or two and eat it off the knife?  Woman Embarassed

I just had a nice sliver of strawberry pie and I was thinking, MAYBE that's better than a whole slice!  LOL!!!

Be truthful now, how do you like it best (and no fair "either way!")  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Is PIE better sliced or slivered?

both ways....... LOL

have a slice while sitting with guests. after they leave and i am cleaning up, then a small sliver to remind me how good it was the first time and to give me strength..  Smiley LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Sooner ... Just give me a pie and a fork! (On second thought, forget the fork.) Woman Very Happy

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Fess up.  Do you like pie better sliced and on a plate eaten in full view of guests, or when you are alone in the kitchen, take a knife and just sliver off a  little bite or two and eat it off the knife?  Woman Embarassed

I just had a nice sliver of strawberry pie and I was thinking, MAYBE that's better than a whole slice!  LOL!!!

@Sooner.  Slivers definitely.  I think this falls in the category of "stolen fruit is sweeter".

Now another question....which are better, baked cookies from the cookie jar or baked cookies from the freezer eaten frozen?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner.  Slivers definitely.  I think this falls in the category of "stolen fruit is sweeter".

Now another question....which are better, baked cookies from the cookie jar or baked cookies from the freezer eaten frozen?

A lot of cookies are actually better frozen. They're fresher. And, anyway, I can't wait for them to thaw. 

Honored Contributor

I solve that problem by just eating the whole pie. Mind you I make little individual serving pies using Wilton 4" pie pans. Individual pies are the best.

I starting making the individual pies back when my dad was still alive. He loved fruit pies, but had a trick he used that made such pies impractical. He'd let everyone else get a slice of pie first, "No, no, you go ahead and I'll get mine after you're done." Once everyone else had a slice he'd take a modest slice of pie, then tilt and shake the pie pan so the filling would slide out from the remainder of the pie that he'd then pile atop his slice of pie. Anyone going back for a second slice of pie would find a top crust, bottom crust, but no filling in between. There were many chats about such a practice, but he saw nothing wrong with it. "I just take what oozes out when it's cut." Yeah. Sure you do. Individual pies solved that problem, much to his dismay.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

this is like Sophie's choice - how can one choose?   ther...

this is like Sophie's choice - how can one choose?

there is no wrong answer

Warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream - big slice on big plate

Banana Cream Pie - Bigger slice on bigger plate

I have no shame

Honored Contributor

Re: this is like Sophie's choice - how can one choose? ther...

@Yahooey wrote:

this is like Sophie's choice - how can one choose?

there is no wrong answer

Warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream - big slice on big plate

Banana Cream Pie - Bigger slice on bigger plate

I have no shame

@YahooeyYou forgot warm apple pie with some grated white cheddar cheese melted on top!  LOL!!!!

One Christmas Eve my mom had made about six pies and she detailed every glorious one to us!  Then the said BUT WE'RE EATING THE BANANA CREAM because the bananas will go bad if we don't!  We were all so put out because it wasn't anyone's favorite but we HAD to eat it!  LOL!!!  I wish you had been there to save us!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll fess up.

I love pie and always asked for pie instead of cake for my birthday. 

I just stick a fork in it and start eating from one side of the crust across to the other.  😁

If I'm behaving myself I can make a pie last three days. (im usually naughty)

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner

Neither.

I bake my fruit pies in 5.5 “ mini pie pans.  I don’t est my pies with a fork.   With both hands on the pie, I put half at one time in my mouth.  Eat half the pie with 2 or 3 chews,  then stuff the other half in my mouth.     2 to 3 more chews,  and the pie is history.