Honored Contributor

Re: Is PIE better sliced or slivered?

I have a sliver when there are several choices and I want to taste ALL OF THE CHOICES, I have a slice, when there is only 1 dessert.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Fess up.  Do you like pie better sliced and on a plate eaten in full view of guests, or when you are alone in the kitchen, take a knife and just sliver off a  little bite or two and eat it off the knife?  Woman Embarassed

I just had a nice sliver of strawberry pie and I was thinking, MAYBE that's better than a whole slice!  LOL!!!

Be truthful now, how do you like it best (and no fair "either way!")  Woman LOL

@Sooner.  Slivers definitely.  I think this falls in the category of "stolen fruit is sweeter".

Now another question....which are better, baked cookies from the cookie jar or baked cookies from the freezer eaten frozen?

A lot of cookies are actually better frozen. They're fresher. And, anyway, I can't wait for them to thaw. 

I just eat the dough before they are baked.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Neither works for me I am a "hunk slice" girl.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Neither works for me I am a "hunk slice" girl.

@beckyb1012 a slab will do ya  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Fess up.  Do you like pie better sliced and on a plate eaten in full view of guests, or when you are alone in the kitchen, take a knife and just sliver off a  little bite or two and eat it off the knife?  Woman Embarassed

I just had a nice sliver of strawberry pie and I was thinking, MAYBE that's better than a whole slice!  LOL!!!

Be truthful now, how do you like it best (and no fair "either way!")  Woman LOL

@Sooner.  Slivers definitely.  I think this falls in the category of "stolen fruit is sweeter".

Now another question....which are better, baked cookies from the cookie jar or baked cookies from the freezer eaten frozen?

A lot of cookies are actually better frozen. They're fresher. And, anyway, I can't wait for them to thaw. 

I just eat the dough before they are baked.

@Mom2Dogs  Well we FINALLY hit on something I DON'T like!  Cookie dough!  LOL!!!!

Honored Contributor

best pecan pie is at Sam's Club

Trusted Contributor

It's good to cut a couple slices out for dessert, and then when I put it away I can whittle at it with a fork, but I have to make it look like I wasn't the culprit !!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner...many, many years ago when I was a kid, mom stirred up chocolate cookie dough, put it in the fridge.....when she went to bake the cookies, there was a good portion of the cookie dough gone.

Mom was none to happy....today when I bake, I lick the beaters and clean out the bowl....I don't eat as much dough as I did as a kid but....some habits die hard.

Honored Contributor

If the pie is a good one, just give me a fork and get out of my way...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Sooner...many, many years ago when I was a kid, mom stirred up chocolate cookie dough, put it in the fridge.....when she went to bake the cookies, there was a good portion of the cookie dough gone.

Mom was none to happy....today when I bake, I lick the beaters and clean out the bowl....I don't eat as much dough as I did as a kid but....some habits die hard.

@Mom2Dogs

Licking the beaters or tasting cookie dough is a sign of a good baker. I always taste my raw dough. If it taste good raw - it will taste great baked. If it doesn't taste good, I will tweak it. I believe icky cookie dough will become meh final product.  Yep, I'm sticking to that story.