Frequent Contributor

I used to LOVE watching ITKWD, but recently not so much.  I don't know.  Is it because there are way too many presentations of "Today's Special Value", or maybe because there are remote guests, or because there is no sampling of food thus no happy dance, or maybe just maybe because there has been a saturation of certain product lines?  It seems like "same old, same old".  I really miss Stacy Stauffer, Antonella, etc.  Stacy was such a wonderful cook.  I really enjoyed watching "step by step with Stacy".  I feel burned out!  Don't mean to disparage anyone.

Regular Contributor

For me it seems every time I put it on they are selling food.  Maybe just coincidence, but I personnally have no interest in that.  Also I feel they spend too much time on the tsv. And lastly I really miss the vendors being there and not remotely from home. I do understand we are in a pandemic but I still miss that.

Trusted Contributor

I know they are trying, but the whole remote guests thing really changes the energy of the show(s). Today a caller asked David to do a Happy Dance and he said he would be doing them when he can taste food again, but he did one for her anyway. So, to me, the fun is missing. The products are the same, and so many more already prepared foods, but I still watch. It's just not worth scheduling around it, though. I used to not go out before ITKWD was over, but, now, as soon as he starts another TSV presentation, regardless of what it is, but especially if it is a vaccuum, I take the dogs for their walks.

Honored Contributor

I don't miss the happy dance at all, but Stacey was a great host and cook, 

TSV's are now an hour-long show which gets old really quickly

Honored Contributor

@CindyDale wrote:

I used to LOVE watching ITKWD, but recently not so much.  I don't know.  Is it because there are way too many presentations of "Today's Special Value", or maybe because there are remote guests, or because there is no sampling of food thus no happy dance, or maybe just maybe because there has been a saturation of certain product lines?  It seems like "same old, same old".  I really miss Stacy Stauffer, Antonella, etc.  Stacy was such a wonderful cook.  I really enjoyed watching "step by step with Stacy".  I feel burned out!  Don't mean to disparage anyone.

Stacey has cooking on her instagram 

Honored Contributor

@CindyDale    I think you're saying the program is stale and I agree.  I no longer watch. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

This is exactly what I think of ALL presentations...

One big "snooze fest🥱🥱😴😴"

I'm sad I've outgrown Q & HSN -- even as background "noise" I'm bored...BUT the good thing is if I ever need to get a job I'll apply as a host because the repetitive, long demos and same stuff I know all about it!  Lol😳🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1    You're right, the only thing I sit and watch is Tuesday morning D&C.  My sister and I watch it together by phone, although neither of us ever buys anything.  It's a good excuse for a long chat. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@homedecor1    You're right, the only thing I sit and watch is Tuesday morning D&C.  My sister and I watch it together by phone, although neither of us ever buys anything.  It's a good excuse for a long chat. 

@Kachina624 

my good friend & I do the same during ITK shows and then we try to convince each other we don't "need it" ...we have lots of laughs...

I love you & your sister have fun bonding time -- my friend (she's 88) loves Susan Graver & D&C!!  Best dressed lady at church🙂🙂🙂

Respected Contributor

QVC has narrowed down what they offer on the kitchen shows.  Any wonder we get bored.  At least with the skyping, we get to see vendor's kitchens!   I can't imagine why they've turned over so much time to Tara and her ever growing tedium.  But as long as it sells, and keeps breaking, and sells more, that's all that matters.

With Covid, I understand the push to sell frozen and packaged foods.  I hope it turns around with young people wanting to learn how to cook with QVC helping to lead the way.  The show today certainly offers some good choices for home cooking.

It seems like an opportunity here for the taking.