Respected Contributor

Re: Is ITKWD all FOOD again???

Yes the food is expensive but some of it is good. One I've been hooked on since first trying it is Mamie's Pies.  So good, especially the blueberry! 

Frequent Contributor

I thought those twice baked potatoes look delicious until I saw the ingredients!...very bad stuff goes into them!...I decided to cancel my order.....such a shame 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are quite a few food items I purchase from QVC on a regular basis, despite their relative costliness, but I understand people's hesitance/frustration because there are definitely items that would never make it into my budget—such as two pies for $90. Seriously? I could go to the fanciest bakery or restaurant in my county and pay about half that price. (And I actually love baking pies, so I likely wouldn't buy anywhere.)

But just to make sure this thread really stays on topic: YEP, this Sunday's ITKWD is yet another Holiday Food Edition. However, with CIJ ending, we can hope that we will get at least a few weeks in a row of regular kitchen shows as we head toward fall.

Esteemed Contributor

So many people I know have either diet restrctions or food allergies..

I wouldn't even try to order them a food item for a gift...

Respected Contributor

I think  food shows are so prevalent because food is made here in the US...no supply chain issues. 

Remember, it's not only the finished product that may not get shipped in time to QVC to sell..it's the components that go INTO those items at the manufacturing level, some not made or assembled here, that helps slow things up.

I think QVC plans thier inventory months in advance.

Food is made here, sold here, shipped here.

That's my thought!!!

I have ordered some things, but most I pass on.

I did NOT like Landies Candies pretzels-dried out, stale..., I thought Ms. Prindables individual size apples  was so-so.... the NYC bagels were great, the salmon is great ( and yes I know Faroe Island...but cows and chickens and pigs get the brain bolt or the knife every day here...MILLIONS of them....) Lindt Chocolates always good. Those are the things I've ordered.

The WORST fail was Rastelli's Reserve Rib Eyes. Reserved from Y2K I think, in the back of some freezer in NJ. They DID arrive frozen solid!! First and only item I ever asked for a refund for in decades of orders!!!

I still think the meats they use on the food shows are from the local Walmart or Wegmans...that is NOT what you get!!! And that pork rib eyes stuff on QVC and HSN is heavily injected with something ... I think it says over 16% of the weight is liquid something to make it "Tender".

I must say ALL the items arrived frozen if supposed to be, or on time, even in the hot summer (I live in NW PA).

Guess it's just a personal preference. I do agree the costs are ridiculous, but procuring, labor and shipping figures in, just like everywhere.

It costs a TON to be able to guarantee frozen food when it's 95 degrees outside. Think of what the temp is inside that brown truck!!!! I only order frozen stuff in the cooler weather, or, look at the forecast ahead of time.

Valued Contributor

I agree that food is high so why buy offline when its higher. Lobster tails said to be a better deal than at stores or restaurants. Tell you what, I don't include lobster tails in my diet.