Honored Contributor

Is Curtis Stone coming to the Q?

With so many sincere reviews of Curtis Stone on this board (I hope they are sincere and not plants) I would think QVC might consider airing a TSV of basic pans from Curtis Stone.  I rarely watch HSN anymore, yet I would consider the Curtis Stone line if QVC can get behind him.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Is Curtis Stone coming to the Q?

I think the reviews are sincere.  I'm also on a Kitchen Gadgets group on Facebook and his pans get rave reviews there too.  I have a few of his skillets.  The one thing I like is it seems his coating stays nonstick whereas a lot of coatings that claim to be super duper nonstick are until one day they aren't and then you might as well throw it out.  

His bakeware gets mixed reviews and electric skillet is not so hot from what I hear.  

Just like QVC, you don't have to watch to buy.  I really don't watch either channel that much.  Just go online and buy what I want.  Plus, I like HSN because they send me coupon codes.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a ton of Curtis Stone's pans and positively LOVE them all!  I do not buy the electric gadgets, just the good old basic standard stuff.  The wildest item I have is a 3 sectioned loaf pan that allows me to make 3 different smaller breads all at once and then freeze a couple.  I also make several meat loafs at once and freeze for later.  Because they are smaller (narrower) in size they are perfect for one or two people, so you are not eating the same thing for days.  

A few visits ago I heard Curtis Stone on-air on HSN slip up and say QVC (he was talking about future items he was working on).  It may have indicated he is developing items to be presented on QVC - or it may have just been an odd slip.  Since he is one of HSN's top vendors it would be strange to just suddenly have QVC come out of his mouth with no reason.  I figured he had been working on items for QVC and had QVC on his mind when it just slipped out.  Time will tell.  They seem to be carrying more & more of the same thing on both channels (which is unfortunate - who needs another duplicate channel) so I think it is likely Curtis Stone will show up on QVC in the future.  Items take a long time to go from concept to delivery in the warehouse for shipping.
Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

I hope not.  I like him on HSN.  He does a lot of cooking in his presentations on HSN.  I won't buy any other line of cookware after trying his line.  Clean up is so easy and the non-stick works great.  Beautiful cookware. 

Honored Contributor

I hope he stays on HSN.  I love to watch his shows.  He actually cooks while selling!  A true chef!

Respected Contributor

I also love his products.  But, his cookie sheets that come in 3 sizes; the smallest one keeps buckling in my convection oven.  It has also scratched badly.  And this is my second set.  The first one scratched also and they replaced the set.  So this is the second and I'm not going to get another.  Everything else from Curtis is great.  I have a set of cookware for about 2 years now and they are still great.  I do hope he doesn't come to the Q.  When he works, he does most of the talking and I don't think he would get to explain anything with this set of hosts on the Q.  There is one host that would gush all over him and never let him explain because she would be talking all the time.

Esteemed Contributor

I would love to see him on The Q. I buy mostly gadgets and knives of his, but I am quite pleased with all of my purchases. My favorite is this knife set that was offered several years ago. It is quite stylish, but the knives work great! They sharpen easily, and any fingerprints are effortlessly buffed away.Curtis Knives.jpg

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

He seems to be one of the highest stands in food preperation.  I'd love to see him here.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I would rather continue to watch him (and buy items) from HSN.  I have always watched more and purchased more from QVC, but I have  no problem buying from HSN if it is something I want.  I don't like all the duplication now between the two channels.  I don't think it is helping either channel.  

Respected Contributor

thought QVC brought out HSN so they are one. Now the Beekman Boys are on the Q. Things change so fast but would like to see him on the Q. I think David & him would be fun to watch.