Honored Contributor

Re: Is Corelle a thing of the past?

Sure hope they continue making it. We use ours a lot.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

My Kroger grocery store has it 

Something else I bought at Fry's when I had a home in Surprise, @Desertdi.  😊  That was a nice store.

Respected Contributor

76,000+ results for Corelle on ebay

hahaha

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

I still see it in many places including Kohls.

Respected Contributor

A large assortment of  Corelle dishes and other tabletop items can be seen and ordered at the company's website---corningware dot com.

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

According to internet, Corning Ware merged with another company in 1919.  I hit one Walmart and two Targets last week and all three were completely bare.  One guy punched his phone and said "out of stock."  I think it is more than that, it just might be gone.  As time progresses I use my Corelle more and more versus my heavier Fiesta.  Does anyone know what is going on?

I hope not. I see it at most stores and online. In my many years of using it I only have had one dessert plate that broke . I dropped it on concrete. The only time I have purchased a new set is when I got bored with the old ones. I use the old one (I inherited it from a relative that owned it for a long time) I microwave bacon on the plates  daily , feed my pets in the bowls and small plates, even have fed outdoor strays in it--no breakage or fading.

Growing older I so appreciate it being lightweight .

Respected Contributor

I found six white Corelle pie plates for a dollar each when a local Corning outlet existed here.  They're too shallow for any decent-sized pie but work perfectly as dinner plates.

Also bought some modestly-sized platters which also serve as nice dinner plates.

We have plenty of other dinnerware, but Corelle is just too easy to use.

Contributor

Corelle is under the Instant Brand now (as in Instant Pot), they have quite a few brands under them now.  

Respected Contributor

Corelle is still being sold. I get emails from their website since I ordered their meal bowls. I find myself using the Corelle pieces I have more often now; less bulky and they take up so much less space in the cabinets. Check our their website for a big selection; they are always coming out with new things.

Honored Contributor

When I moved to my new house on Dec. 30th, I donated my old dishes and bought Corelle white at the grocery store.  I absolutely love it.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?