Respected Contributor

Instant Pot vs.Power Pressure XL Which is better??

This may have been discussed already, but I wonder which is better?

Respected Contributor

Re: Instant Pot vs.Power Pressure XL Which is better??

Instant Pot.  They have excellent customer service, a stainless steel pot, and it just works every time every day.  It is also a Canadian company, not the quite US, but surely not Chinese based.  The pots themselves are made in China, unfortunately.  There is a huge following and many, many users, blogs, vlogs, and youtube channels for it.  There is even a husband wife truck driving team that uses it to cook fresh meals on the road.

Trusted Contributor

Instant Pot.  Read reviews on Amazon.com

@Barbarainnc wrote:

This may have been discussed already, but I wonder which is better?

Instant Pot.  Read reviews on Amazon.com?

Honored Contributor

I don't have any confidence in any appliance sold on late-night TV infomercials. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Absolutely no question. The Instant Pot is a superior choice compared to i and the Power Pressure XL. 

While there are several brands of digital pressure cookers that I’d consider reasonable choices, the Power Pressure Cooker XL is not one of them and here are the reasons as well as the reasons I believe there is a superior choice.

I’m guessing that the Power Pressure Cooker XL sells as well as it does because there is a glitzy, frequently-running infomercial promoting it and it’s sold at QVC.

The Power Pressure Cooker XL is sold by a marketing company called TriStar Products which markets many types of products with an emphasis on none. They do not design pressure cookers, they buy them from elsewhere and market them. Their focus is not on pressure cookers; it’s on all the products this marketing company sells. Among the items Tristar markets: Genie Bras, Perfecter Fusion Styler, Cami Shaper, Slim and Tone Leggings, Power Juicer, Flex-Able Hose, the Ab Roller, Rechargeable Twisting Lure and more. Their expertise is not in product design and implementation; it's in marketing. If you have questions about using your Power PC, how much do you think that that the Tristar customer support people know about pressure cookers and pressure cooking? It’s a guess, but I suspect that there would be few pressure cooking-related questions Tristar customer support could answer if you called it.

I noticed that if you need service while the product is still under warranty, you must “pack the product securely and send it postage paid with a description of the defect, proof of purchase, and a check or money order for $24.99 to cover return postage and handling.” If it’s warranty service I don’t believe the owner should have to pay for shipping to the company and back, however, this may be standard operating procedure for all sellers of digital pressure cookers.

As I noted above, there are several brands of digital pressure cookers that would be reasonable choices but I believe one of those is an exceptional choice and the one I would purchase – in fact I did purchase the 7 in 1 Instant Pot-DUO, 6 quart.

Instant Pot brand – why their digital PCs? 

The 7 in 1 Instant Pot-DUO is a 3rd generation model of a successful digital pressure cooker. The company selling this PC is Canadian. Their products are designed by Instant Pot engineers in Canada and sold by the Instant Pot company in Canada. They are manufactured in China. By the way, all digital PCs are manufactured in Asia and sold by various companies. ALL the Instant Pot company sells is pressure cookers so clearly that is their focus.