Contributor

Instant Pot vs. Power Pressure Cooker

Does anyone know which pressure cooker is better, instant pot or power pressure cooker? I have been reading on differnet issues on each one.

Super Contributor

Re: Instant Pot vs. Power Pressure Cooker

I had bad luck with the Power Pressure Cooker,   good thing I bought it at retail because I returned it to the store.   The problem was it would not build pressure.   Also,  the warranty for the pressure cooker was bad.   

Respected Contributor

Instant Pot...It is stainless steel and American made.  I've got two other pressure cookers, and love the simplicity of the Instant Pot and flexablility to use low or high pressure and manual instead of just programed buttons.

Regular Contributor

According to the Instant Pot site, it is not made in the United States:

Where is Instant Pot made?

Instant Pot is designed by Canadians specifically for North American consumers. It is made in China by the No.1 electric pressure cooker manufacturer who has produced and sold over 30 million units for household use worldwide.

That being said, I have been very happy with the performance of the Instant Pot.

Contributor

Tigriss: 

I am not a cook. Do you think the IP is easy enough to use for someone that never cooks. I finally came to realize my family is eating out way to much. I want to start eating healthy and with busy schedules, I thught i could prepare an easy and healthy dinner within the same amount of time driving to a drive thru

Respected Contributor

@mandylee wrote:

Tigriss: 

I am not a cook. Do you think the IP is easy enough to use for someone that never cooks. I finally came to realize my family is eating out way to much. I want to start eating healthy and with busy schedules, I thught i could prepare an easy and healthy dinner within the same amount of time driving to a drive thru

YEs, YES, and YES.  There are Facebook groups and their own website has tons of recipes and support.  Their site is instantpot dot com.  The directions are clear and easy to follow, so start simple and build up your confedence and try more and more different recipes. 

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

@mandylee wrote:

Tigriss: 

YEs, YES, and YES.  There are Facebook groups and their own website has tons of recipes and support.  Their site is instantpot dot com.  The directions are clear and easy to follow, so start simple and build up your confedence and try more and more different recipes. 

@mandylee I couldn't agree with @Tigriss more, the IP is one of the best appliances I have ever bought and is super easy to use.

I am not I repeat not a good or experienced cook and everything I toss in there comes out great.  Could not recommend more!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I agree with everyone here on the Instant Pot.. I bought the one with the yogurt function and I make greek yogurt on a regular basis.  LOVE my Instant Pot!! Have even made a cheesecake in it and it turned out great!   I've had it for almost two years without any problems.  You would love it, too.. and LOTS of suggestions on line for different recipes, etc.  Easy to clean..don't have to worry about any non -stick coating peeling off because it's stainless steel pot..If anything sticks, I use Bar Keepers Friend..comes right out.. One of the best purchases I have ever made..bought mine from Amazon along with an extra silicone seal (which I haven't used yet) and the extra lid for using as a slow cooker.. No disappointments here.. good luck in your pressure cooker search..

Valued Contributor

There is absolutely no question, the Instant Pot (IP) is superior to the Power PC (PP).

PP is sold by a marketing company called Tristar Products. They don't design pressure cookers, they buy them from elsewhere and market them. They're also not focused on pressure cookers. Among other things, Tristar sells Genie Bras, Perfecter Fusion Styler, Cami Shaper, Slim and Tone Leggings, Power Juicer,  Flex-Able Hose, the Ab Coaster and more. Their expertise is not in product design and implementation; it's in marketing. What do you think that company or its customer support people know about pressure cookers? Little to nothing, I'd guess.

IP on the other hand is designed and sold by a company that has no other products other than their pressure cooker.s Customer support according to the vast majority of people is superb. There's also a wonderful Facebook group with 104,000+ members called Instant Pot Community.