Contributor

Re: Instant Pot on Sale today!

Yes I do have one but love the new black steel color.   Did I order it, no.  Sous Vide doesn't interest me that much either, esp. how they ignored the demo on that important new feature.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt I believe I heard of a few people doing this by placing it on the stove to use plugged in and forgetting a burner was left on. Don't use any appliance on your stove , it's a terrible accident waiting to happen. Leaving a burner on, iits so easy to forget it's on.

Frequent Contributor

Wow...I thought it was only me not digging that Lisa Brady Instant Pot segment.  She kept talking incessantly about her food, talking over, AND interrupting David.  He couldn’t get a word in edgewise.  I did purchase one because I love my Duo Mini, and wanted a larger IP.  The price was phenomenal as well.  I also bought for the Sous Vide feature and the upgraded pressure release button.  Can’t wait to receive it!  And I know now I won’t be watching any future presentations involving that woman.  I did not care for her personality or sales skills.  

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP  When I first saw air fryers I thought they were ridiculous and that I would never buy one.  I am also diabetic and don't eat fries, mozzerella sticks, etc.  I finally bought one and use it many times a week.  Works well for chicken, chops, steaks, burgers (fat drains away), meat loaf,  fish, etc.  I thought I would use it for a baked potato, but now seldom make these but they can be done in the air fryer.  Still need to try a stir fry in it.  Also great for reheating some types of food that would get soggy in the microwave.   I never use any oil when using my air fryer.   Food cooks fast, has good appearance and clean-up is so easy.